PDA

View Full Version : can someone please help me loose the fear of blood clots i have

tiredofthis14
07-06-14, 12:10
since being misdiagnosed a pulmonary embolism nearly 3 yrs ago and being told by the doctor i was going to die i have a huge obsession with blood clots
i literally wake everyday convinced im going to die iv been to hospital countless time believing this was it i was dying
iv had d dimers leg ultrasounds last 8 weeks ago
i had a vq scan last week!
but nothign reasures me

im 23 i am overweight dont have family history dont travel dont take the pill
doesnt help a week ago a local pregnant 22 yr old died of a pulmonary embolism i fear anything sudden death and i no pe can cause this
pleaaaase help

Carnation
07-06-14, 12:40
Hi, I had a mini-stroke 10 years ago, so I have a thing about blood clots. Most of the time they are bruises and go away. I take an 75mg Asprin every day and that's all and that's done its job for me for the last ten years. Asprin thins the blood, but if you are on any other medication, check this out with your Doctor first and as you are young, it would be sensible to do this. Its important to get plenty of exercise as well, it gets the blood circulated and too many fatty foods is bad for you, so incorporate some good food into your diet. Then you can still eat those cakes and biscuits without the guilt that you are a unhealthy eater.:yesyes:

tiredofthis14
07-06-14, 12:43
i dont really eat because im so anxious my weight goes up and down dramatically i lost 2 stone in a month in feb because of high anx my prob is lack of exercise because im too scared to leave house and i cant take asprin because i have astma :(

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

im literally at the point im scared to be left alone incase i suffer a massive pe and go into cardiac arrest even tho i no im pretty much done if that happens anyway lol

tiredofthis14
09-06-14, 10:03
Anyone??

DrIsMySecondHome
09-06-14, 13:00
Hi I can totally sympathise as after emergency c section a couple months ago I've been breathless with chest pain and a sore leg. I had d dimer and an ultrasound done which were clear. I've since gone on to have more very strange symptoms and am awaiting an MRI scan and neurologist appt.
I was petrified I had a clot too, still do feel concerned. I read a lot about natural blood thinners, vitamin e is one plus a lot of different foods. I can't exercise just now as my breathing and chest pain is too bad but I'm trying to get as many of the foods and vitamins as I can.
I'm quite sure u will be ok but I know how awful it is to be so frightened x

Rennie1989
09-06-14, 13:47
If you are active and keep your weight down you reduce your chances of developing a blood clot. They are incredibly rare to develop at your age so it would be ever rarer to develop one again.

Woahitsmeg
11-12-14, 23:03
i am suffering with this fear at the very moment! my friend died of a pe at 16 because she had factor v the genetic predisposition or whatever plus she was on the pill but im always afraid im just going to develop one out of the blue its awful. my back hurts right now and i got checked out the other day and they said i wouldnt be a person they would usually see have a pe but they didnt do a blood test either which doesnt help i try to trust there word since i am active i workout 7 days a week on the exercise bike. i also had a positive ddimer once so they had to do a scan which was just like 2 months ago and it was clear but ever since then im always nervous because of the high number which it was just a few points over but a few too many for me! anyways hang in there and know you are not alone in this fear :hugs:

tiredofthis14
12-12-14, 13:26
thank u all
I hate it im still not over it heart constantly feels funny dizzy
breathless I just had enough
convinced im going to be one of the ones they got wrong

debs71
12-12-14, 14:21
If you really had a clot, you would know by now.

You don't.

Try to occupy as much of your time as possible, as this helps you to not sit and dwell all of the time on something your don't have.

Your symptoms are all anxiety, and I think you would better to try to address that first, as it will help the fixation on the clot worry. x