PDA

View Full Version : Input needed please

Paulb231286
07-06-14, 21:27
Hi, I'm Paul and I would like some input please on some issues I've been experiencing over the last few months.

I had a relationship breakup at the start of the year which triggered a quite severe bout of anxiety, something I didn't realise at the time it was. This involved severe worry, depersonalisation, scary thoughts (something bad was going to happen), and has since led to a bad bout of severe mood swings and what feels like a lack of ability to control my own thoughts. Naturally this has been quite scary for a 27 year old normally happy young man.

I have recently been put on propronanlol to calm me down but since starting it a week ago have been feeling really down, sad and depressed at times, with spells of anger / feeling distant / spaced out and struggling to focus / concentrate. Also feeling negative about things sometimes / strong scary thoughts and visions sometimes. Realise these are just anxious thoughts still but getting tired of it, considering asking doctor for antidepressants but she said can't prescribe / need a psychiatrist which could take weeks! Got holidays etc coming up so want to feel good for them / not just going through the motions / struggling through.

Also sleep - keep waking up in the night / intense dreams / wake early and feel awful, sense of dread at times and takes a long time to settle down again. Flashes of scary thoughts / dizziness and sense of falling over throughout the day but try and ignore them, read the book "at last a life" which was helpful and have tried yoga / relaxing music etc.

I'm a positive person and just want to feel like myself again before all this, just not feeling in control at the moment and fed up fighting with myself! Any help appreciated :)

Booboojenny
07-06-14, 21:59
Hi Paul sorry to hear you are going through such a hard time :( there are lots of people on this site taking propanalol, I use it for anxiety whilst my antidepressants kick in.
Do you mind me asking what dosage you are taking? Have your symptoms improved slightly on the propanalol? :)

Paulb231286
07-06-14, 22:45
Hi thanks for the reply :) I'm on 40mg for two weeks one a day. Do feel much calmer less agitated but mainly down / sad now some of the time, lack of energy / struggling to think positive at times and haven't been enjoying social activities as much as I used to, worry of feeling out of control / bad things happening / having to keep myself together at times. Been reading self help books / yoga to calm which I feel is slowly helping. Hate being on pills but no choice for now, just want to go back to how I was before all this and live my normal life :)