PDA

View Full Version : Can't get over anxiety because I fear it hurting me!

Bexx1
07-06-14, 21:35
I have had anxiety for nearly a year now and though I used to have a panic attacks I now don't get them often. I saw an article about a study about panic attacks leading to heart disease. This is my last hurdle with anxiety. A fear this constant anxiety and any possible more panic attacks are going to harm my heart and kill me. My nurse aunt said stress will not kill you and in her books Dr Claire Weekes say anxiety/panic doesn't hurt you're heart at all and it will just be a normal heart as ever. But the study which proved inconcluisve that talked about panic attacks leading to heart disease has scared me. I think well what if I got it and then had a panic attack when I had heart disease. Would it kill me? I just can't see how I can overcome this last hurdle if I know im hurting/killing myself!

nomorepanic
07-06-14, 21:47
I have had a heart attack and no a panic attack will not kill me because of it.

Stress can lead to heart attacks so you need to look after yourself and reduce those risks drastically.

Bexx1
07-06-14, 21:49
I actually read on and it said that the risk of panic attacks leading to heart disease/attacks was incredibly low. Is anxiety the same as stress though because I am scared anxiety will hurt me?

nomorepanic
07-06-14, 22:05
It is one of those subjects that people have differing opinions on so I guess some will say yes it is stress and some will say no it isn't