PDA

View Full Version : Have I Eaten Enough Today?

inthemind85
08-06-14, 02:11
I've suddenly in the last few days had trouble swallowing solid foods and can only imagine this is due to anxiety. But I am concerned I'm not eating enough. This is what I had today, I'm a 5'10" 29 yo male. It is really distressing me as I am feeling dizzy all the time and keep pressuring myself to eat more.

Today I had.

Peanut butter on toast with butter (2 pieces)
Bowl of Cheerios Cereal with semi skimmed milk
Whole Banana
Cup of tea one sugar.

Can of cola
1 pint beer
About 40% of a double 1/2 pound cheese burger w/onions and ketchup
About 5 mouthfuls of chicken chow mein noodles
Chocolate milkshake

Whole Banana
Beans on one piece of toast
Portion of fruit Trifle desert

Cheese spread on 3 crackers
Fruit (2 apple pieces and few grapes)
Handful of nuts (almonds cashews walnuts)
Cup of tea with one sugar.

And water throughout the day!
I know it could be healthier but is that a reasonable amount to eat?

skippy66
08-06-14, 18:40
Your body is an amazing thing - when it needs food, your brain sends signals making you feel hungry. Simply listen to your body, stop obsessing over this.

Have you ever eaten junk food one day, only to start craving vegetables and healthy food the next? This is your body telling you exactly what it needs.

Your body is designed to keep itself fed, watered and alive.

Relax.

vicky23
08-06-14, 18:42
yeah I would say that's a reasonable amount, an average active male needs 2500 calories a day.
Anxiety can definitely make you feel dizzy so I wouldn't assume this is due to lack of food.

Rennie1989
08-06-14, 18:45
You are eating enough to keep going :) when my appetite decides to go on holiday I can struggle to get a bowl of cereal down, and that be it. I have, at times, eaten less than 2000 calories in a week! Like Skippy said your body will tell you when it needs feeding, don't worry yourself if you go through a couple of days of not feeling hungry. Your body stocks itself with plenty of energy.

If you're appetite is gone then try eating little and often, this brings the appetite back in no time.