PDA

View Full Version : My fears... doc, cancer, argh!

puzzledlass
08-06-14, 05:11
So I have the doctor this week and I'm really worried. I've been experiencing the symptoms below and of course I have convinced myself that it's cancer... obviously. Next to the symptoms below I have put the cause of why this is happening in my mind.

- Weird pulse/kicking feeling on lower left side of stomach (not pregnant btw) - pancrease cancer
- Sore side, like above my hips - pancreas cancer or kidney cancer
- I did something to my knee and now it is sore, so are my ankles - some horrible nasty thing to do with my bones
- Sore left side of neck, sore left arm - cancer obviously

I am worried that I will go to the doc and because she knows about my HA will just dismiss my symptoms - not intentionally. I believe she is a good doc but I do fear that sometimes she only sees me as a big ball of anxiety without actually considering something could be wrong.

I am trying really hard to not get carried away here, in fact this week I actually told my boss about my anxiety and depression and they are helping me get some counselling for this. Obviously the cancer fear still remains.

Some background on myself - I'm a 30 year old woman who suffers OCD, anxiety and also has Aspergers Syndrome.

Any words would be much appreciated.

Kerrycornford
08-06-14, 09:04
What pain are you getting now? I hve similar pains my self x

hanshan
08-06-14, 10:35
You have raised a very important point. That is, that your GP and other healthcare providers have identified you as a HA sufferer, and will treat lightly any symptoms you present with. This is something you must deal with.

The other alternative is the patient who is sent off for endless tests, which all come back normal.

puzzledlass
08-06-14, 11:17
How do I deal with this though? Knowing that docs won't take me seriously because of my HA?

I'm unsure how that reply was intended...

puzzledlass
09-06-14, 00:32
Bumping just a little

RoseEve
09-06-14, 01:51
I think he was saying that the doctor could either say you have HA and dismiss you or send you for tons of tests to show you they are negative. You are not a doctor so although you think your symptoms point to something serious a doctor would be able to know based off of what you tell him or her if you need further testing. If you had serious symptoms the doctor would send you for more tests not dismiss you whether or not you have HA.

puzzledlass
10-06-14, 06:11
So doc tomorrow and as expected - panicking! Convinced that I have cancer, a tethered spinal cord and a thousand other things.

MissAnxiety
10-06-14, 13:35
Hi just wondering do you have young children? X

puzzledlass
10-06-14, 14:24
I have a 5 year old. Why is that? :)

MissAnxiety
10-06-14, 14:38
Its just all your symptoms except the knee are just like mine, I mentioned it to my doctor yesterday because I have your symptoms but I suffer with bad chest and was asking for advice and she said pains in neck arms chest side ribs stomach and lower back are all due to carrying, lifting your child xxxx