PDA

View Full Version : Colon Cancer

jayware33
08-06-14, 12:05
Hey!

I know this might sound like a common thing on here but can't seem to get the fear of having colon cancer out of my head.

Initially, a couple of weeks ago I started to get pains in my upper abdomen under the rib area at the bottom. They would come and go through the day.

I then visited the Dr who advised its "nothing" and referred me to a gastroenterologist (for the 2nd time) as I was worried it sounded like a stomach ulcer. I'm already on PPI drugs for reflux which ive had for the past 4 years. 2 years ago I had a upper endoscopy which was all clear and then last year another consultation with gastro doc who said "no reason to suspect anything, goodbye!"

Anyway, thats a little history, but now when I left the docs for the stomach pains, I started to get short sharp pains down below,liek shooting type pains. Now I have a pressure like feeling almost constantly ... at the back door end lol. Keep feeling the urge so go to the toilet and been having a lot of wind and feeling bloated. No blood or anything unusual. I didn't tell the doc as wasn't having it at the time and now of course I'm thinking "oh dear, what IF this is cancer of some type?"

Does anyone relate to these symptoms and if so able to suggest or give any advice?

I done some research and out of 100,000 people between the year of 2009 and 2011 there were 56 males between the age of 26-29 that had been diagnosed with colon cancer, I know that means I have approx a 0.05% chance of having it but still .... plays in my mind.

Thanks,

John.

Kerrycornford
08-06-14, 13:56
Hi!! I have a simalar problem! Send me a email kerry.cornford18at googlemail.com x

nomorepanic
08-06-14, 14:30
Kerry - it is not a good idea to put your email address on here in a post as it is an open forum. You would be better PM'ing each other.

keaw
08-06-14, 20:54
I have this too at the moment, :(

Fishmanpa
08-06-14, 21:21
I done some research and out of 100,000 people between the year of 2009 and 2011 there were 56 males between the age of 26-29 that had been diagnosed with colon cancer, I know that means I have approx a 0.05% chance of having it but still .... plays in my mind.

Thanks,

John.

56 / 100K = .00059%

Positive thoughts

Libra
09-06-14, 12:56
Some of the symptoms youre mentioning sound very much like IBS..Perhaps another chat to your GP can put your mind at rest