PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Incidence rates. Please read.

jayware33
08-06-14, 12:17
http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/cancerstats/types/

The above link is from cancer research and shows cancers by type (down the left hand side of the page).

Click onto the type of cancer that you fear and then click on "Incidence" underneath the cancer type and then click onto By Age.

Here you will see how unlikely it is that you're suffering from what most of us on hear convince ourselves we have.

I know I found some comfort in this.

Thought I would share.

John

3tikes
08-06-14, 14:46
I wasn't sure whether I should read this or not as I'm going through another cancer fear meltdown at the moment. The link got the better of me and I've found it very reassuring. Thank you x

jayware33
08-06-14, 15:33
I wasn't sure whether I should read this or not as I'm going through another cancer fear meltdown at the moment. The link got the better of me and I've found it very reassuring. Thank you x

I'm glad it was of some use to you :)

And me too, fear of some form of colon cancer :(

bluetopazgirl
08-06-14, 17:50
I Too, was very nervous of opening the link. I actually left the post and then came back to it and I am glad I did. The cancer I really panic the most over isn't that common afterall. yes that doesn't mean I wont get it but it gives me a little bit of reassurance. Thankyou. :)

Hellly
08-06-14, 18:00
Thank for this post, very reassuring. They should have this at the top of cancers search instead of the typical 'you are gonna die' websites!!

H

Xx

MartMart22
13-06-14, 14:36
Great post very very reasuurring I guess the good thing about it is that even if we convince ourselves the worst case scenario the odds are in our favour ! Thanks