PDA

View Full Version : How long do you think these scratches/scrapes will take to go away?

GingerFish
08-06-14, 13:48
http://tinypic.com/r/eiwmyg/8 Hi last night I got jumped by some random girl on my street. Never met her before in my life but she did seem out of it, whether that was due to booze or drugs I don't know. She started shouting abuse at me and my partner and we tried to walk away but then she started to get physical. At first she pushed me and my partner grabbed her so she could get off me but then she grabbed me by my throat/neck and kicked my partner. After that she ran off, probably once she saw the marks on my lower neck/top of chest she left on me. My partner has a big bruise on his calf too.

It could have been a lot worse and I'm still a bit shaken up by it as I have never been in a physical confrontation with anyone before. Its all been reported but I've been told there is no CCTV around that area so most likely she'll get off with it. I've never had scratches/scrapes like this in my life, just little scratches from my cats. I'm terrified they wont heal or will always be noticeable. My partner says the look like normal cuts caused by finger nails but I don't know because like I said, I've never been in a fight or seen one before.

Here's a link to the scratches. I would have done what I usually do and sent you the link of the pic from my Twitter but I haven't told friends or family yet and I don't know if I'm going to. I probably will, I'm just still a bit in shock over it tbh. Here's the link - http://tinypic.com/r/eiwmyg/8

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

Also if you guys have any tips on how to aid healing and maybe make it heal a bit quicker, that would be much appreciated thanks.

GingerFish
09-06-14, 16:30
They are becoming sooooo itchy now. Its hard not to itch but I know if I scrape the scab off, that will affect healing and maybe leave a scar. The other two scratches haven't scabbed but are still red and feel a bit rough. Just wish they would go away :( I feel crap every time I see them or feel them itch :( I can't even wear most of my t shirts because a lot their necklines don't cover them up :(

Munchlet
09-06-14, 19:43
I think most scratches/scrapes take a couple of weeks to heal, I recently posted about a graze on my knee that had been there for just over a week and didn't seem to be healing. My husband told me to put some germolene on it and I have to say within two days the scab has disappeared and now there is just new pink skin underneath.

I would say the same to you, just use germolene, it's an antiseptic and it keeps the skin moist, these things take longer to heal if you allow them to dry out as the skin tends to crack.

So just keep it clean and moisturised and they should clear up in no time.

GingerFish
09-06-14, 19:51
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll buy some germolene in town tomorrow if I can find it. I have Race for Life this Sunday and was hoping it would all be away by then but I doubt it but even if it just fades a bit by then, I'll be happy enough.