PDA

View Full Version : VERY confused!

Bexx1
08-06-14, 19:02
So over the past week I have been very anxiously occupied with the idea that my anxiety is going to have a negative impact on my health now or in 33 years when im 50. I have seen so many contradicting things I don't know what to do. A TED talk about stress showed it only killed people if they believed it was bad for them. My aunt who is a nurse says stress won't kill you. People on here have told me stress will kill you. I have seen articles saying emotional stress can cause sudden death! All these things are terrifying and making me even more anxious. After all, some people say stress and anxiety are the same yet why does this website and so many others including Dr Claire Weekes say anxiety is not in any way harmful. How can stress kill you yet anxiety not if people say they are the same thing! Someone told me stress deaths are more related to lifestyle but I am just so confused and extremely anxious! How can I get better if I know im killing myself!

Rennie1989
08-06-14, 19:07
You would have to be stressed 24/7 for a very long time before it causes any problems. And I mean a very long time!! I have suffered from anxiety for 10 and a half years, since I was 13, and I'm still fit and healthy.

Instead of worrying about how stress and anxiety will affect you in the future, use the time and energy to overcome the anxiety and stress and to aim towards a healthier and happier lifestyle. We CAN determine our future.

Bexx1
08-06-14, 19:21
Thank you very much thats made me feel a lot better :)