PDA

View Full Version : freaking out...lower back pain

maltahypo
09-06-14, 10:41
Hi everyone, I am a complete mess right now as I have been experiencing lower back pain and I am sure it is terminal. About 4weeks ago I had a dull ache in my back which was not constant. Then some 2 weeks ago I lifted a very heavy object and hurt myself. Doc said it is muscular but I am not sure. Pain radiates even to my buttocks sometimes. It only gets better when I stand up and walk.

I have also heated of many people dying with C who are my age (35) and I can't beat the idea of leaving my kids without a dad. I am also so afraid to go to the doc again.

I am a mess.

wins829
09-06-14, 12:35
I have back pain neck pain stomach pain. The pain is not come in ones. But they take turn come and go. I'm going crazy too.

HoneyLove
09-06-14, 12:51
Hi maltahypo, did you doctor give you any instructions for dealing with the back pain? Are you following them? If it's muscular then there's plenty that you can do to help yourself get better. You might need some physiotherapy to guide you along.

Have you talked to your doctor about your anxiety issues?

puzzledlass
09-06-14, 12:55
I am also having this. I am trying VERY hard to keep this in check though. Lower back pain is very common, and I doubt everyone who suffers this has C.

Leslie735
12-06-14, 04:39
I have low back pain from time to time. Especially if I pull my back out.

Serenity1990
12-06-14, 12:55
This sounds like classic muscular-scelital back pain, go see a good physio or osteopath for a proper diagnosis and treatment: regular doctors are notoriously bad with treating such issues. No idea where you've got the cancer idea from but that wouldn't have been exacerbated by lifting something.

MartMart22
15-06-14, 16:33
I had this last year and the same as you thought it was something serious turned out it was my bed/matress try sleeping on a sofa for the night or the floor you'll find it helps alot :)

Fishmanpa
15-06-14, 18:32
Then some 2 weeks ago I lifted a very heavy object and hurt myself. Doc said it is muscular but I am not sure.

What's not to be sure of? This is truly a 1+1=2 situation.

1. "I lifted a very heavy object and hurt myself."
2. "Doc said it is muscular"

I have disc issues L4/L5 and have for 20 years. All stemming from lifting a heavy object and throwing my back out. It can take up to a few months before it feels 100%. The key is to exercise and strengthen the muscles in your back. I know that when I don't do stretches and exercises, my back tends to ache. It is what it is and it's not sinister an any way shape or form. Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts