PDA

View Full Version : Multiple worries (lump, weird skin etc) and going to the dr.

Mogwog
09-06-14, 14:11
I have a drs appt on Friday to discuss some issues that are worrying me.
First I have a lump in my ummmmm lady parts:scared15: so I need to get her to check that, I also have a strange area of skin on my forearm near my wrist it looks like goosebumps and is slightly orange , doesn't itch or anything, but I also have two moles/freckles on arms I would like her to check and I want to mention that I have knee pain when going upstairs -it's on the same leg that I have a lipoma but the pain isn't in that area but I've put two and two together ad come up with the big C :wacko:

My question is do you think this is too much stuff to go through at one drs appt?I know they are pressured for time. I'm getting myself in a state about the appt. I also need to talk about my health anxiety and how my meds (fluoxetine) don't seem to be working anymore.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Xx

Mogwog
09-06-14, 19:34
Anyone please :D x

Mandarra
09-06-14, 19:57
Hi Mogwog, I'm not sure what I can contribute, but I wanted to let you know I hear you. I don't think it's too much for one appointment at all. I hope you get some answers as to what is going on, I hope it's all okay and I'm betting it is. I have an appointment in the morning, I haven't been to a doctor in about a year and a half, I have a huge phobia about going. It's for a routine physical check up, but of course I'm stressing because I am terrified he will find something awful. I feel well, but so many diseases are silent. I would like to turn my brain off from all this negative thinking, it's hard.
Hugs to you,
Mary

Mogwog
09-06-14, 20:28
Hi Mary

Thank you for your reply. I think I'm going to explain what I'm worried about and she will either say she's got time to have a look at it all or I'll have to make another appointment to go through the other stuff. Honestly I think my body is just giving up on me:wacko:

I'm sure everything will be fine for you at the drs in the morning- but can totally sympathise with how you are feeling about it. I'll be thinking of you.xxxx

Mandarra
09-06-14, 20:41
Thank you and thinking of you too!

theablac
10-06-14, 18:38
HI Mogwog , I see that you are worrying about a few health issues ,When you go to your Doctor try to explain everything that is worrying you , its not up to you to worry if the Dr. will have the time to listen its their job to listen and reassure you about your fears , I suffer from depression and anxiety and when I go to my Dr. I have to spill out all my worry's or they will just carry on causing me grief , Your rash on your arm could be psoriasis or something similar , I have painful knees just like you and I have been told mine are due to being a little over weight and I should try taking fish oil capsules as they help with the joints , as for your lump in the lady places I am sure your Doctor will be able to sort it out and it wont be something they haven't seen before so just be brave and get it seen to , I know its an easy thing to say but you will worry until you have been , so the sooner the better . You will always find someone on this site who has had or gone through the same problems as you , not always at the same time but they will always try and help and reassure you if they can , this site is good for getting advice and help about different things and we are always here if you just want to talk or rant about things , Please let us know how you get on if you want to , its up to you not everyone wants to talk about their health worries but we will always try to help if we can . xx

Mandarra
10-06-14, 20:39
Hello again, I wanted to give you an update re my appointment. It went well, I have forgotten how warm and understanding my doctor is. He is also very spiritual which is something I like in a doctor. My blood pressure was high, I don't know if I did this to myself or I have high blood pressure, so I asked him for a 24 hour monitor to see if it goes down. I'm so glad it's over.
Mary :yesyes:

theablac
10-06-14, 21:11
HI MARY , AS you said in a recent message you hadn't been to the doctor for a while , maybe you do have blood pressure and you might even need medication for it but its not the end of the world is it , or maybe you could have what they call white coat syndrome where your blood pressure goes up when you visit the doctor , which ever it is you have done the right thing seeing your doctor and it sounds like you have a good one , I am sure your doctor will sort everything out for you and then you will be able to get on with your life , this site is good for bringing people together who have the same worries and complaints so they can help each other . Hope you are soon feeling better

Mogwog
11-06-14, 11:02
Thank you both for your replies. You have made me feel better about talking through all of my worries with the dr, after all they all need to be checked. My husband said the same thing- that it's the drs job and I don't know why I feel like this as she always has time for me- I guess I just feel like I'm a pain:wacko:

Mary I'm so glad you feel better after your appt. I will definitely update after my appt.

Once again thank you very much.xxxx

theablac
11-06-14, 19:01
HI Mogwog , So glad your seeing your Doctor , once you have been you will probably wonder why you were worried , even the smallest thing seems gigantic when your on your own and thinking about it , You seem like you also have a caring husband who you can talk too , so don't bottle everything up as that will only make you feel worse . The people on this site are always here for you and if we can help put your mind at rest we will , Good Luck when you see the Doctor , xx

Mogwog
13-06-14, 20:00
Just thought I'd update. Went to the drs this morning and once again she was lovely. Listened to all of my problems/worries-checked them all physically and said everything is fine. She also told me to take 30mg of fluoxetine one day and 20mg the next as I am currently just on 20mg a day and I feel it's not working as it normally does. I am also continuing going to a CBT group once a week and am going to start 1:1 CBT once that's finished.

Hope everyone is doing ok and once again thank you for your help

Xxxx

Dorans
24-06-14, 01:25
Glad to hear everything is fine, it's great when a Doctor is lovely and listens to you. :)