PDA

View Full Version : Heart?!

heather1
10-06-14, 09:56
Arrgghh :weep: I hate this health anxiety!

Feels like today there is bubbling sensation around my heart.

Can anyone relate to this? Thought I'd ask here before dr googling it or running off to doctors!

nomorepanic
10-06-14, 10:45
could be trapped wind/indigestion/acid reflux/palpitations/ maybe

Petesy
10-06-14, 12:47
Hi Heather

I agree with Nicola on this one I actually mentioned this to my gp in my early 20s and he said it was wind, acid reflux, etc and prescribed me omeprazole 20mg.

If your still worried about it go and see your gp :)

Take care

Petesy.

Dee123
10-06-14, 19:37
Just wondering if any of you know if acid reflux can cause a burning sensation in your left arm and shoulder which so far as been constant for 4 days???

Petesy
10-06-14, 20:15
HI Dee

I've went out on a limb and checked it out for you (I suffer from acid reflux) i don't like GOOGLE! lol hence the going out on a limb, the answer to your question is yes it can.

Mainly throat, chest and radiating through to your back but it can cause pain in both arms.

Don't let it lie make an appointment to see your GP.

I got the info from nhs and webmd

Take care Dee

Petesy.

Dee123
10-06-14, 20:22
Thank you very much for the reply,
Its been driving me crazy as i constantly think its something different due to also looking at symptoms on google which always tell you what we dont need to know im at the doctors on friday so will certainly mention it thanks again :-)

Petesy
10-06-14, 20:37
No problem Dee that's good that you have the doctors on Friday.

Have you been prescribed omeprazole or lansoprazole in the past or present?

Dee123
10-06-14, 20:44
No ive not been prescribed any of those only been prescibed citalapram for the anxiety which in my opinion dont work.

KeeKee
10-06-14, 21:19
Just wondering if any of you know if acid reflux can cause a burning sensation in your left arm and shoulder which so far as been constant for 4 days???

I actually went to my doctors with an ache in my arm late last year and he straight out said to me 'anxiety'. I still get it now but have learned to ignore it, I too get heartburn and also back ache etc but it does come and go so I have weeks without that worry. One of my biggest fears is my heart so I know where your coming from :-)

jayware33
10-06-14, 21:22
I've been seeing a few replies regarding the suggestion of PPI drugs such as Omeprazole and Lansoprazole for this issue. I've been on these for many years and are extremely difficult to come off. I would suggest first trying gaviscon and then Zantac (ranitidine) if that doesn't work. Failing those THEN try the heavy weight stuff such as the PPI drugs.

While it may end up you getting them, I dont think it's wise to start on them unless you've tried the drugs listed above first.

Regards,

Petesy
10-06-14, 22:12
I've been seeing a few replies regarding the suggestion of PPI drugs such as Omeprazole and Lansoprazole for this issue. I've been on these for many years and are extremely difficult to come off. I would suggest first trying gaviscon and then Zantac (ranitidine) if that doesn't work. Failing those THEN try the heavy weight stuff such as the PPI drugs.

While it may end up you getting them, I dont think it's wise to start on them unless you've tried the drugs listed above first.

Regards,

Hi Jayware I myself have been on lansoprazole and omeprazole for 12 years and can drop them like a hat no withdrawal symptoms at all suppose everyone is different though and I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time with them.

Gaviscon is ok in small doses, my uncle use to praise the stuff and when he went for an endoscopy they told him it was like a cloud inside his stomach plus he'd given himself a new stomach lining (Gaviscon) but he gulped it every time symptoms persisted.

Afterwards his words to me were don't take any of them just eat well, which was understandable but I had no choice suffering from an ulcer in my duodenum which burst 3 years later and nearly killed me, I now only take one when I have a flare up or the anxiety has made my body produce to much acid.

PPI'S are what's prescribed straight away soon as anyone complains about acid reflux which is causing them real discomfort and it always seems to be omeprazole 15mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg, depending on the severity imo I'd take an omeprazole before Gaviscon.

But hey my friend swears on remegel chews, so just goes to show.:shrug:

Petesy.

jayware33
11-06-14, 06:34
Hi Jayware I myself have been on lansoprazole and omeprazole for 12 years and can drop them like a hat no withdrawal symptoms at all suppose everyone is different though and I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time with them.

Gaviscon is ok in small doses, my uncle use to praise the stuff and when he went for an endoscopy they told him it was like a cloud inside his stomach plus he'd given himself a new stomach lining (Gaviscon) but he gulped it every time symptoms persisted.

Afterwards his words to me were don't take any of them just eat well, which was understandable but I had no choice suffering from an ulcer in my duodenum which burst 3 years later and nearly killed me, I now only take one when I have a flare up or the anxiety has made my body produce to much acid.

PPI'S are what's prescribed straight away soon as anyone complains about acid reflux which is causing them real discomfort and it always seems to be omeprazole 15mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg, depending on the severity imo I'd take an omeprazole before Gaviscon.

But hey my friend swears on remegel chews, so just goes to show.:shrug:

Petesy.

Hey Petesy.

I would agree that everyone responds differently to the drugs. I simply think that doctors are too quick to prescribe the hammer to swat the fly. I wish id been given Zantac at first as now I can't get off PPI's without a rebound effect and it's a common complaint from long term daily use. Gastric cells multiply to overcome the suppression effect and when stopped it's like a volcano eruption. :(

If I could do it all over I wouldn't touch the things without first trying the Zantac as these work in a slightly different way by blocking histimine receptors (H2 blockers) and less likely to produce a rebound.

John

Dee123
12-06-14, 20:20
Thank you for the reply's ive had this awful burning sensation in left arm and shoulder nearly a week now its driving me mad but docs just say its anxiety and acid due to ibs om still unsure about this