PDA

View Full Version : Help!

joebaxi
10-06-14, 14:39
Hi, new to this forum and just wondering if anyone has suffered anything similar or has any advice. I will start my story, lol.

Around 20 months ago I started having chest pains, I went to the hospital but they couldnt find anything wrong. I then started having dizzy spells, my eyes going out of focus, feeling tired and having hot flushes. The doctors carried out a full blood count which came back fineand a test for celiacs, which also came back fine. My symptons continued so they then did a vitamin d test which came back low, I was put on supplements which didnt really help much as now my muscles in my legs had started aching. I kind of diagnosed myself with anxiety as the doctors didnt really wanna know about it, I found myself panicking over pretty much any sympton I had, my big mistake was using google to diagnose myself. The doctors gave me some anti depressants after I kept pestering them but they just made me feel worse. Up until about a month ago my symptons had pretty much died down, I had the odd sympton but it didnt seem to last and I wasnt panicking. About a month ago I started feeling tired again, went to the doctors and he told me I hadnt maintained my vitamin d levels correctly and put me on a supplement again. For the past 3 weeks I have suffered a lot from nausea, I have yet again been on google and got myself all worked up. So far this year I have had cancer and aids thanks to google. The doctor thinks I have a stomach infection and this is the cause of nausea but at the weekend I found a small lump, below my belly button to the left. My doctor didnt seem to concerned but has booked me in for a ultrasound, why would he do that if he didnt think it was serious?

Sorry for boring you but is it possible iam doing all this to myself? Fed up, got nausea dont feel myself and scared about the ultrasound Can anyone relate to this?

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Sorry forgor to add, had another full blood count last week which also came back fine.

jayware33
10-06-14, 21:16
It sounds to me like your doctor is simply giving you the scan be fuss he wants to out your mind at rest. He probably knows you're a worry wort and hence the ultrasound.

Describe the lump, does it move under your finger when pressed or is it firm, hard and fixed position? Does it cause pain?

John

contrafobic
10-06-14, 21:38
Hi, it sounds just like me. Last year in I have had some members of my family in hospital with some severe health issues...at the time i've didn't felt stressed (I took care of everything wich had to be done ), but after everything was ok I have started to have some strange symptoms. It started with some strange sharp pain which c was crossing my body, in different places, for example, I would feel a sharp pain in my eyelid wich would cross my body till one fingertip. After a few weeks I have started to feel the pain in my right lung, and as I was a smoker I freaked out thinking I've got lung cancer, went to the doc, done some xray and everything was alright. As soon as this was ruled out the pain move to my chest, in thr left side of course :), the dragon (health anxiety )was already inside. Done the big mistake to Google for heart attack and found out that there is usually some pan in the left arm and voila, the pain in the left arm was there, this sent me to the ER, after all possible test I was released as healthy as a 31 year's old can be. But that wouldn't be the end. In the next weeks I have got some muscles twitches wich sent me again to doctor Google, if you know wich is the first disease you get in Google for this symptom keep it for yourself, if not please don't Google it, belive me, it is way better. Since then I've got all the symptoms I have read about, every one of them. Although I went to see some doctors they can not convince me that I am alright. I hope this helps, now you know you are not alone.

P.s. Sorry for any language and spelling mistakes I have made but English is not my native language.

joebaxi
11-06-14, 06:41
Hi all, thanks for your replies:)

The lump seems to be small and hard and Dosent seem to move, it really is that small I struggle to find it. I could feel something there the other day and that is how I come across it, havent had any sensation in it since and it is totally painless.

joebaxi
11-06-14, 17:01
Been panicking today so phoned doctors to see how long I would have to wait for ultrasound. His receptionist assured me that if the doctor thought it was anything serious then I would have been sent to the hospital straight away for it, the fact I have to wait for an appointment shows the doctor isn't concerned. Feeling a little calmer.

joebaxi
13-06-14, 07:51
This lump now seems to have vanished or got so small I can't find it, definitely didn't imagine it as doctor also felt it:huh:

Is it possible for stress to cause these lumps? The doctor put me on diazepam and I had one of my best days for a long time yesterday, could me being relaxed be the reason?

Confused????????