PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam

Jen84
08-08-04, 13:52
hey just wondering what have been people's experiences with diazepam? im goin on holiday tomo and my doc has given me some 2mg tablets to take just in case i get nervous on the plane! how does it feel when u take it?does it make u very out of it!
Jen x

Don't ever let go of Hope, it gives us the strength to keep going when we feel like giving up!

sarah
08-08-04, 14:19
Hiya Jen

I took Diazepam for my flight last year.
If you take the recommended amount you wont feel out of it, it will just relax you so you can manage the flight minus a major panic.
I took 2 mg 2 hours before the flight and 2mg just as we were boarding and I was totally fine.

Where are you going to?

I hope you have a lovely time!!

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

sal
08-08-04, 14:28
Hi Jen

Hope you have a lovely holiday.

The diazepam will just help you relax like Sarah said. It does help and will get you through the flight with no worries.

Have a good time.

Love Sal xxx

nomorepanic
08-08-04, 15:13
Hi Jen

I used to take Diazepam for flying (I haven't been on a plane for over 2 years now) but I took 1mg and that was fine for me.

Take it about an hour before you board and it will just relax you - you won't feel too spaced out or anything.

Good luck!

Nicola

Jen84
08-08-04, 17:43
Thanks for replying
that makes me feel better im gonna try and not take them but if i have to than i have to!
Im goin to the south of france so its only a 2hr flight!
im nervous but looking forward to it!
Jen x

Don't ever let go of Hope, it gives us the strength to keep going when we feel like giving up!

jo-jo
08-08-04, 20:36
Hi Jen

2mg of diazepam is a tiny dose and you won't feel out of it at all. I took 2mg an hour before I boarded the plane on my recent holiday and was fine, it didn't make me sleepy or anything.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Lots of love Jo xxx

Caz Fab Pants
08-08-04, 20:50
Jen,

Not sure if you think like me but if you dont know what to expect from the diazepam you might be better off doing what Jo.m did by taking it an hour before you board. Its possible if you take it when you are at crisis point you might add to the anxiety by worrying about how it will effect you. I could be wrong and its only a suggestion.

Hope you have a lovely break in France and look forward to hearing what you get up to.

Cheers,
Caroline :)
x

sal
08-08-04, 22:36
Hi Jen

If you dont feel you need to take it great but please dont get yourself really wound up if you feel anxiety rising.

It wont harm and will help. All the better if you can do it without them, that would be great but if you need them dont fight it.

Have a brilliant holiday. Hope the weather is nice and you really enjoy it. Let us know how you get on.

Love Sal xxxxx

pips
08-08-04, 22:43
Hi Jen,

I have exactly the same dilema as you.

I am going to Canada next week and have been given 2mg Diazepam as well! Plus we have to change after 7hrs flying and go on another plane fo 2 hrs what fun hey!

I think I am going to use it though! I don't like to but sometimes you just need that extra something to keep you calm!

I am going to take the others advise and take it an hour before I board.

I hope this helps I know how difficult it is sometimes you don't know what to do for the best!

I hope you have a lovely holiday Jen!

Take care and good luck with what you decide to do.

Love PIP'S XX