PDA

View Full Version : Night time panic

Fj2014
11-06-14, 08:09
Soo I'm 24 and I'm pretty sure I've developed health anxiety..
I had terrible stomach pains a few weeks back and turned to dreaded google for help.. Ever since I've been convinced I have bowel cancer.
I went to the doctors who diagnosed me with a urine infection but I found a lump under my armpit last week and went to a&e - the doctor told me it was just a gland.
For the past two days I'm back to worrying about my belly - I have a stinging pain by my belly button which I'm worried is caused by a rumour or ulcer.
I have been waking up in the night after bad dreams about my health and work and rushing to the loo. I've been shaky, naseous and hot and cold for a few hours afterwards.
This happened at work yesterday too...
Could these be night time panic attacks?
Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Xxx

Taucher
11-06-14, 12:06
When my HA kicks in it is always worse at night for me. Shaking, nausea, feeling hot but shivering and having weird dreams/nightmares are all very familiar to me. It feels like a horrible out of body, weird feeling.

I put the radio on and have strange dreams involving whatever is on the radio at the time. And sometimes I cant tell if I have been asleep but an hour has passed and time goes a bit weird.

My HA is definitly worse at night and it sounds to me like you are having night panics. I would say you need to treat your HA, then the night panics will go away.

You have seen two doctors and they have both diagnosed you with things that definitly aren't bowel cancer. Unless you are a doctor, you need to remember that they know more than you about health, ilnesses and disease.

T

Fj2014
11-06-14, 17:53
Thanks for your reply!!
I know exactly what you mean about not knowing if I've been sleeping or not!
My dreams tend to centre about health or work so that kind of gives me a clue to what the problems are!
And re. My diagnosis I know you're right and my infection (touch wood) seems to be clearing up and easing my anxiety although I'm now worrying that by not worrying I'll miss something! Is this normal?
I'm new to all this!!