PDA

View Full Version : Extreme health anxiety, please help me.

breevo74
11-06-14, 11:02
Hello everyone,
I'm Rebecca, it's my first time posting. I am literally desperate and don't know where to turn. For the past five years health anxiety has ruled my life. This severity started when my best friend of 25 years was dying from terminal liver cancer. After she died I was heartbroken and she left a two year old daughter, it was such a horrendous time. Since then I am convinced I am going to die and leave my lovely husband and two daughters aged 6 and 8.
I have had counselling which helped a little but I am currently between work so can no longer afford £40 an hour sessions.
So, at the moment I am awaiting surgery next week for removal of a small vaginal lesion which my gynaecologist says looks fine but is worrying me hugely. I have also just had an ultrasound for my lumpy breasts which again came back ok but is still stressing me out.
This weeks focus of my panic is my hundreds of moles on my body. I just went this morning and saw my GP and she is concerned about one that is very dark brown on my hip so has referred me to dermatology quite quickly. This has sent me CRAZY today and the only reason I'm not screaming now is that I'm typing this.
I know longer know how to live my life. I am always checking, policing and trying to ensure I won't die in pain leaving my babies like my best friend did.
To add to the sadness my cousin is also dying from a brain tumour and he is my age, 39. He has two kids also.
I'm so scared. Please help me.....
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

jayware33
11-06-14, 12:22
Hi there.

Sorry to hear you're going such a rough time lately. I think it's good to hear that your doctor isn't taking any precautions and sending you to get it checked out. Even if the worst case scenario were true, treatment is highly available and success rates high however, still unlikely to be anything worth worrying yourself over.

There is no point worrying over things that might never happen.

I'm sorry I can't give much more advice but try not to get wound up until you actually know what's right and what's wrong.

John.