PDA

View Full Version : Saying words wrong ... it's starting to scare me. Please help!

TheLostSaga
11-06-14, 14:10
So .. for the past few weeks - I've noticed I increasingly say words ''wrong''

Like I'll say the word I want to say ... but not the way I want to say it. Some examples would be

''Pother'' instead of ''Potter''
''Everyting'' instead of ''Everything''
''Octical'' instead of ''Optical''

Or somethings I'll say a word I didn't mean to say, like saying ''Right'' instead of ''Really''

I will probably do this about 2-4 times a day and every time this happens to me - I just feel SO sick. Like I'll get a knot in my stomach and if I was having a good day - it immediately makes me terrified. Even more-so because when it happens, my family will point it out and laugh which makes me feel even more worse and terrified. I just really want to know if this is normal I'm so scared :weep:

Mr.Jitters
11-06-14, 14:25
I do this constantly, always have when I'm tired or stressed.

At least you don't have one of my worst habits, which is getting my name wrong. For example, if someone introduces themselves to me as Jeff, I say my name's Jeff too. Bit freaky when I meet a Mandy or something and tell her my name's Mandy, too. I get really worked up about this when I'm stressed or tired, which pretty much guarantees I do it again.

I frequently forget words, too. So I ask people if they want tea or, um, the, um, the other one. Not tea. From trees. Starbucks.

Symptom of a mind that's too busy studying itself, that's all :)

ben johnson
11-06-14, 16:40
the eases way to help get ride or helping it is to start writing stuff down somewhere so then your mind is less cluttered, or even talking to someone (e.g me because i'm good at listening to people when they need a chat) but if nothing like that works then just go to your doctors and explain to them. oh an also if you don't get it sorted now you will end up finding it hard to relax because your mind is too cluttered and they you will get put on sleeping tablets