PDA

View Full Version : Blood Test - panicking!!

Sazziesaz
11-06-14, 15:57
Hi, I have been to doctors as had terrible tummy pains, she has ruled out various things like hernia's, pro-lapse etc and thinks it is IBS. She asked me to go for a blood test. She said she is checking my iron levels and to rule our coeliac. So I go along today and she takes my blood, I thought it would be two little bottles but NO it was SIX little bottles. I was quite calm until then! She told me she was just checking two things but the nurse said there are lots of different tests needed? Now I am really scared and think she thinks I have lots of other things that she hasn't told me!! Please can anyone shed any light on why there would be six different bottles to be tested??? This has really thrown me and has started my HA off again!! :wacko:

Cerilia
11-06-14, 20:26
I've had loads of blood tests, ranging from 3 phials to 8..... all testing different aspects of your blood. For me I feel better the more phials they take as they cover all bases...

Dont worry I'd say 3-8 is normal, so 6 is about smack on for a normal blood test plus a celiac test.

Good luck

Sazziesaz
12-06-14, 12:05
Aww thank you! Now just the wait for the results!!

Cerilia
12-06-14, 14:33
Keep us posted :winks:

MRS STRESS ED
12-06-14, 15:10
Hi, I have been to doctors as had terrible tummy pains, she has ruled out various things like hernia's, pro-lapse etc and thinks it is IBS. She asked me to go for a blood test. She said she is checking my iron levels and to rule our coeliac. So I go along today and she takes my blood, I thought it would be two little bottles but NO it was SIX little bottles. I was quite calm until then! She told me she was just checking two things but the nurse said there are lots of different tests needed? Now I am really scared and think she thinks I have lots of other things that she hasn't told me!! Please can anyone shed any light on why there would be six different bottles to be tested??? This has really thrown me and has started my HA off again!! :wacko:

Really love dont get yourself all worked up I had the same they check alsorts nothing to worry about its better to get it sorted hopefully all be fine xx

edwardthebear
12-06-14, 15:38
It is typical health anxiety thinking to turn the whole thing on it's head & start looking for something sinister. Just be thankful that they are being so thorough, I am sure you will be ok.