PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone on here seen the film Full Metal Jacket???

cjemc
11-06-14, 17:04
There is a question I need to ask anyone if they have seen it, it's regarding a particular scene from the movie...

inCOGnito
11-06-14, 17:13
go for it. It's been a while but i'll do my best

cjemc
11-06-14, 17:21
Have you ever seen the scene with Rafterman in the helicopter?

inCOGnito
11-06-14, 17:24
is that the guy who shoots the gun as they fly through a field saying "come get some"

Fishmanpa
11-06-14, 18:19
I don't think that's Rafterman... the gunner dude is nuts! Rafterman is the guy getting the heaves when the gunner is mowing down N. Vietnamese....

"Joker" Davis: How can you mow down women and children?
Gunner: Easy... You just don't lead 'em so much.. He he

Crazy Movie!

Positive thoughts

cjemc
11-06-14, 19:14
[QUOTE=Fishmanpa;1325777]I don't think that's Rafterman... the gunner dude is nuts! Rafterman is the guy getting the heaves when the gunner is mowing down N. Vietnamese....

"Joker" Davis: How can you mow down women and children?
Gunner: Easy... You just don't lead 'em so much.. He he

Crazy Movie!

Positive thoughts[/QUOTE

Yes that's right Fishmanpa. Rafterman is dry heaving, that's why I started this topic!!! I resemble exactly what Rafterman is doing !!! Why do you think this is? I.E. Why was Rafterman retching/heaving in that scene? Was it anxiety or air sickness???

Catherine S
11-06-14, 19:24
Or possibly because he was witnessing women and children being slaughtered? Or have I got that particular scene wrong?

cjemc
11-06-14, 19:26
Or possibly because he was witnessing women and children being slaughtered? Or have I got that particular scene wrong?

No it's the correct scene.

Fishmanpa
11-06-14, 19:48
Yes that's right Fishmanpa. Rafterman is dry heaving, that's why I started this topic!!! I resemble exactly what Rafterman is doing !!! Why do you think this is? I.E. Why was Rafterman retching/heaving in that scene? Was it anxiety or air sickness???

Cal,

Really man... listen... That guy was heaving because he saw people being mowed down for no reason. I would heave too if I saw innocent people being cut in half by 30mm gunfire! Certain nasty smells make me gag. We all have our triggers....

IMO, you heave due to anxiety. You've admitted that you're in a cycle of self medicating with alcohol and you have anxiety. I'm sure it sucks big time and I can't imagine having to deal with that but then I have my own demons I deal with daily.

Stop seeking alternate diagnosis', stop the drinking and seek help with your anxiety and you'll be on a path to healing. It really is that cut and dry.

Positive thoughts and good luck!