PDA

View Full Version : ocd getting worse

lorraine
11-06-14, 18:02
hi

Been quite well for a while now. I have started working in a care home which I absolutely love. I really wish i had done it years ago.( im 47). It seems to have cured me of my panic attacks. Even my eptopics have been sooo much better. But, by ocd has kicked it with a vengence.

I have always gone to bed at night a relived what ive said to people and wondered what they think of me. But at the moment its soo bad its evey second of the day I relive and chew it all over. Even going into work on my day off and explain things that have happend the day before that i think is not quite right, worring whether it will get me into trouble or my manager. I think they think im a little weird. Well it is weird isnt it! Im sooo tired of it wish it would stop.

Could someone let me know is they get ocd like this.

Thankyou

Lorraine

nomorepanic
11-06-14, 18:57
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

lorraine
11-06-14, 20:29
has anybody not had anything similar? I am at my wits end with it.

Thanks

Lorraine

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

should i explain to my manager at work why im like this?

Lorraine

UKmamainUS
11-06-14, 22:48
I get this too. I spend hours over thinking conversations I have had and worrying if I have upset people. When I bring it up with the people in question they always seem surprised that I was thinking about it, like they never saw anything off In what I said.

I then stress about the fact I bought it up and they hadn't even been bothered by it.

It is a little weird to go into work to mention it on your days off. Maybe you could start by not bringing these things up again with the people you spoke too, because really, I bet they are now her near as bothered by what you said as your are.

Other than that, I have nothing to offer in the way of advice. I have a really good friend who I can talk to when I ruminate over things and she usually makes me feel better without making me feel like a complete nutter.

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

I wouldn't explain anything to your manager. I would find a way to work through it withy in loving your co workers. But maybe that is just me.

lorraine
13-06-14, 16:38
hi

thanks for your reply.

I did speak to my manager today, and she has had ocd problems herself so, was quite understanding.

I think like you say ive just got to learn to try and switch it off which isnt easy.

Thanks again.

Lorraine