PDA

View Full Version : Burning feeling in foot

Xango
11-06-14, 21:30
Hi guys,

I'm having trouble again :( this time I have a horrible burning sensation in my food, with mild pins and needles in the sole of my foot.

So what do I do, look at Google and end up now thinking I have blood clots or some nerve problem. Now I'm convinced the side of my calf is swollen.

Anyone else had a random burning foot?

Of course now I'm panicking over my food, which I can feel my heart racing In My head, which makes me panic..and yeah a vicious circle ensures :( I get the wierd chest feelings, woozy head feelings..the whole 9 yards..

Really at my whits end now, I have got an appointment to speak with the local mental health on the 24th of this month, but I have no idea how I'm going to make it do that date because right now I feel like giving up.

Any help or advice guys? :(

Kain

Xango
12-06-14, 10:43
I guess thats a no then :(

Cheers
Kain

spuder
12-06-14, 19:41
Didn't want to read and run I don't know what this could be sorry. :hugs: hope all goes well on the 24th

Serenity1990
12-06-14, 23:35
How long have you had the symptom? Is it constant in appearance and severity?

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

Also do you get a lot of twitching with your anxiety?

Xango
13-06-14, 08:41
How long have you had the symptom? Is it constant in appearance and severity?

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

Also do you get a lot of twitching with your anxiety?

Since Tuesday, and yeah I get a few mucsle twitches with my anxiety, mostly in my chest and back.

Edit: the pain seems to move, sometimes in my shin, sometimes on my calf, sometimes foot, it's all over the place

Serenity1990
13-06-14, 12:07
Well whilst I'm not a doctor, from what you've said from experience I think you've got three avenues to explore.

The first, as you twitch a lot, is that this is simply anxiety. For reasons nobody seems entirely clear on when anxiety is persistent for a significant period of time it can manifest in various weird and wonderful neurological symptoms. The most common name for this process is Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (though there are various others), and the main theory seems to be anxiety has exhausted your nervous system and now it's misfiring in weird ways. Twitching is the main symptom but parasthesias such as burning are also very common.

Secondly, somatic symptoms secondary to (again) anxiety. However instead of some sort of process going on this is when your brain just sort of creates very real symptoms as a way for your subconscious to let your conscious self know something's up emotionally.

Thirdly is a trapped (pinched) nerve. This is really common in the general population but particularly amongst anxiety sufferers as we hold our bodies to tensely. A pinched nerve in your lower back could cause the sort of issues you're speaking of. GPs are notoriously bad at diagnosing mechanical issues but you can always see a physio who can quite easily diagnose (or not) based on whether the symptoms get better or worse in certain positions or when they manipulate you in a particular way. This is often easily rectified.

The good news is the fact that the pain seems to move indicates it's very unlikely to be something serious. And the fact you're a twitcher gives some perfectly feasible benign reasoning for such symptoms.

Xango
13-06-14, 14:39
Well whilst I'm not a doctor, from what you've said from experience I think you've got three avenues to explore.

The first, as you twitch a lot, is that this is simply anxiety. For reasons nobody seems entirely clear on when anxiety is persistent for a significant period of time it can manifest in various weird and wonderful neurological symptoms. The most common name for this process is Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (though there are various others), and the main theory seems to be anxiety has exhausted your nervous system and now it's misfiring in weird ways. Twitching is the main symptom but parasthesias such as burning are also very common.

Secondly, somatic symptoms secondary to (again) anxiety. However instead of some sort of process going on this is when your brain just sort of creates very real symptoms as a way for your subconscious to let your conscious self know something's up emotionally.

Thirdly is a trapped (pinched) nerve. This is really common in the general population but particularly amongst anxiety sufferers as we hold our bodies to tensely. A pinched nerve in your lower back could cause the sort of issues you're speaking of. GPs are notoriously bad at diagnosing mechanical issues but you can always see a physio who can quite easily diagnose (or not) based on whether the symptoms get better or worse in certain positions or when they manipulate you in a particular way. This is often easily rectified.

The good news is the fact that the pain seems to move indicates it's very unlikely to be something serious. And the fact you're a twitcher gives some perfectly feasible benign reasoning for such symptoms.

Cheers,

Ive just come back from the doctors, its not a blood clot at all, he felt all my leg, and since its not tender anywhere, red or swallen, the chance of it being a clot is basically non exsistant.

Hes now put me on something called Sertraline 50mg. Slightly concerned of talking mind altering drugs, have you or anyone else had any experiance with these? I have to take one a day.

Its the first meds I have taken for anxiety for about 10 years..

Cheers
Kain

Xango
21-06-14, 15:31
Well still having the same issue, which is spreading up my leg, the burning is still on the sole of my food. I'm convinced it's something horrible, but when I saw the doc last week he was convinced it's all anxiety related. I've got this huge briuse that's appeared on my right left knee (the same leg as I get the burning feelings) I have no idea how I done it..

The random sharp pains now come a where between my hip and my little toe, with the burning refined to my left sole and bottom of my toes. Strange thing is the symptoms seem to go when I'm out and about, or busy.

I still can't the idea of blood clots out my head, or furred up arteries in my leg (won't lie I'm overweight but working on it) could it be a trapped nerve or something, part of me thinks if it was circulation, my foot would be a odd colour, which it's not.

Of course doctor google I'd really helpful, told me it was either blood clots, diabetes or some nerve condition I can't spell, or worse still MS.

I don't want to go back to the docs this week as I think they think I'm extracting the urine abit, but I'm pretty scared. I spend my evening checking my pulse in my foot and looking for red marks or anything on my leg.:(

I have no idea what's going on anymore,can all these symptoms really be down to my GAD and HA? I'm not convinced at all :(

Kain