PDA

View Full Version : Pill-induced esophagitis

UKmamainUS
11-06-14, 22:30
I took some Advil this morning with very little water, it felt like they got stuck. 7 hours later and I am in agony. Can't swallow without excruciating pain. Almost went to ER but figured it had to be something to do with the Advil so I googled it (I know I shouldn't but I'm glad I did). Anyway, it turns out that when you don't swallow Advil, and some other drugs, with only a small amount of water, you run the risk of it getting stuck and burning an ulcer in your esophagus. Well, the is no question in my mind that this is what I have got. I have the correct onset and symptoms. I never suffer rom heartburn unless I'm heavy pregnant, so I know it isn't that.

Now, it seems that really there is no need to rush to the doc since this should heal itself over a few days, and there's little the doc can do about it (can't get appt for a few days out even if one was necessary). However, it really hurts to eat and drink.

So, anyone ever deal with this before? If so, any tips on how to get through the next few days - any OTC things that might help etc?

Rochelle121
11-06-14, 23:06
Ive done this and all I can say is drink plenty of cold water xx

UKmamainUS
12-06-14, 02:08
I will. I might as well, I can't eat anything :-)

Thank you.