PDA

View Full Version : Odd song repetition in my mind!

fred61
12-06-14, 13:15
Sorry to be a pain posting yet again but I've noticed that I have a bit of music in my mind that just keeps repeating and keeps me awake at the moment. I guess it's better than intrusive thoughts but it is odd. I've wondered if it might be a sign the meds are kicking in as it is not thoughts/worries in my head all the time, but at 2am it's not helpful!
Wondered if anyone else has experienced this? The actual song is irrelevant. Though for anyone interested it is clear skies ever closer from the new cherry ghost album! A actually rather good, but as I say it's only a little bit. A few bars and I can't stop it.
Fred

venusbluejeans
12-06-14, 13:32
Nope Just an ear worm :)

Earworm - A song that sticks in your mind, and will not leave no matter how much you try.

fred61
12-06-14, 15:43
Thanks for clearing that up. Good to know it happens to other people. Just irritating in the middle of the night. And not their finest song anyway :D
Fred

venusbluejeans
12-06-14, 16:22
I know it is always the worst songs you get stuck in your head lol :)

fred61
12-06-14, 16:50
Oh it could be a LOT worse than. Cherry ghost song! Wouldn't know where to begin:scared15:
Fred

dafni
12-06-14, 21:31
I have this too, sometimes when i wake up in the morning it starts, i thought it could be the pills too, i dont want to have song or thoughts in my mind, its so tiring, now im off the cit 3 weeks, no more nausea, tiredness and pains, hopefuly my mind will be clear too soon. I hope ill never ever take pills again.

Pipkin
13-06-14, 06:16
Yep, I'm with you on this. Just the mention of a song and it's stuck in my head all day. The worst was when how got 'how much is that doggy in the window' stuck for ages! I know everyone gets this but I also suspect that meds can make it worse.

Pip

fred61
13-06-14, 08:20
Knowing it is normal has actually made it disappear! Although now you've mentioned it pip I'm fearing I'll be hearing how much is that doggie in the window all day now:D
Fred

Pipkin
15-06-14, 12:42
I hope I didn't subject you to that song all day. I've had various tunes stuck in my head over the last few days and today's horror is Kinky Boots. I have no idea where it came from but I hope it goes back there soon!

Pip

tuesdayschild44
16-06-14, 02:05
I do the same thing, I thought it was my meds too, and I can't even remember the last time I actually heard that song. Does anyone remember movies from like 25 years ago? I started doing that too, they just pop into my head.
Are the meds making connections in our brains or something?