PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

Johnny43
12-06-14, 14:08
Are tattoos really self harming,yes it's painful yes you have them when ur down,yes you have them for attention,I'm a tattooist covered in them,I have ocd and gad,what do people think ?? Could we raise awareness through tattoos?? A symbol ??

venusbluejeans
12-06-14, 14:39
I don't have mine for attention at all, I have 3 and they are personal to me..... one about my dad on my foot.... hardly anyone sees it but me, so it isn't for attention at all.... just a permanent reminder of things personal to me

Johnny43
12-06-14, 14:44
Yes I no everyone has them for there own reasons just saying some people do,in some places they are giving away vouchers to self garners for tattoos so are they classing them the same ??

MRS STRESS ED
12-06-14, 14:47
Are tattoos really self harming,yes it's painful yes you have them when ur down,yes you have them for attention,I'm a tattooist covered in them,I have ocd and gad,what do people think ?? Could we raise awareness through tattoos?? A symbol ??

I dont think tattoos are any way related to self harming this is something people do to their self and people dont know tattoos are a form of self expression I think ,and it would be nice to have a symbol of awareness thou xx

Johnny43
12-06-14, 14:55
I agree with you in certain aspects,but in some ways the thinking is the same pain for pleasure or release,but yeah I've been trying to come up with a good symbol maybe have a charity day of tattooing to raise the fact of all the illnesses on here,I think more should be done and it would be a good way to start x

MRS STRESS ED
12-06-14, 15:00
I agree with you in certain aspects,but in some ways the thinking is the same pain for pleasure or release,but yeah I've been trying to come up with a good symbol maybe have a charity day of tattooing to raise the fact of all the illnesses on here,I think more should be done and it would be a good way to start x

Yeah I can see your point about self harming ,that would be great if you design a symbol post it so I can see it :DI would deffo be up for one and your so right we need alot more awareness xx:yesyes:

Johnny43
12-06-14, 15:02
As soon as I've done it,I will post it for you,I want it to stand out and not the same as others,but I'm glad you agree :) xx

Magic
12-06-14, 15:04
I do not think tattoos are self harming. I had one done because I wanted to see what the pain was like. Maybe if unqualified and some one tried to do it themselves.
My daughter used to self harm, but not by having a tattoos.
Come to think of it. She has tattoos. Set me thinking now.
Ah well --cannot change the past:hugs:

MRS STRESS ED
12-06-14, 15:05
As soon as I've done it,I will post it for you,I want it to stand out and not the same as others,but I'm glad you agree :) xx

Cant wait to see it xx:yesyes:

aprilmoon
12-06-14, 15:09

Anything that raises awareness is a good thing
I'm open to admitting I'm the "one in four" that has problems with mental health and ,although I don't like tattoos personally, I would happily wear an item of jewelry, for eg,a necklace or bracelet,that would demonstrate my openness with it,and invite anyone to feel they could talk to me about it.
A good fundraiser for NMP perhaps? :)

Johnny43
12-06-14, 15:27
It will be done soon:) and hi magic,yes you was curious about the pain,and there is many reasons to get them,it's a hard subject really but in some aspects it's the same,and I no from my past that maybe I did quite like the pain when I was low but that's just me

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Aprilmoon this is also a good idea,not everyone likes tattoos and other things might just be the way to go to,it would be nice if people could recognise a symbol ? Least they would no they could ask questions maybe the thousands that live with it would be able to get help

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

Aprilmoon this is also a good idea,not everyone likes tattoos and other things might just be the way to go to,it would be nice if people could recognise a symbol ? Least they would no they could ask questions maybe the thousands that live with it would be able to get help

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

I think that's a brill idea,anything that could help,I think if people saw that there is people who carry on do normal things but are honest about themselves,maybe the thousands that don't get help would

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

This is a good idea also,the more people that are aware the better,and the thousands that don't get help or hide away will no that there is people who live normal lives who have the same things

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

I think if anyone as any ideas let
Me no then I can put them down on paper maybe a symbol or saying ??

aprilmoon
12-06-14, 19:32
Hi Johnny
I was just thinking about your idea to design something, and I was thinking about the "one in four" thing I mentioned before.
If that could be incorporated into something I think it might make people realize how common mental health problems are,as I don't think a lot of people realize it's that high.
Just a thought......

Whitetrash
01-07-14, 18:32
I like the idea of incorporating anything in life into skin art... I had a full sleeve for this very reason. Tattoos are very expressive and a glimpse into the soul