PDA

View Full Version : Right side of face numbness & pain around eye bones

Searchingforanswers
13-06-14, 00:09
Hi,
Lately I have been experiencing pain around my right eye. It's in my eyebrow bone sometimes and other times in near my nose and the bone under. A few months back I was experiencing numbness on the right side of my face around my mouth etc. I was told my by the doctor it could have been from the dentist and a nerve damaged. I still occasionally get the numbness but the pain is disturbing me still. It's like I have been punched and bruised. Sometimes when I bend over I notice it comes on. I have had cat scans, sinus X-rays, eyes checked, even a mouth X-ray for infection in my gums as my teeth are terrible lately. I worry cause I don't know what it is. I also had a mild case of the shingles a few months ago and that was on the right side of my body. I'm feeling like a hypochondriac always at the docs but I'm super worried.

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

All xrays were clear to

SADnomore
13-06-14, 19:54
Hi, there,

I don't know whether it's something worth considering, but migraine headaches very often involve just one side, and definitely can radiate from the eye socket bones. If you happen to notice that you are especially sensitive to smells and/or light, or maybe even a bit nauseated when you get this pain, you could ask about having it treated as a migraine. I will tell you up front that something in the most common "cocktail" they use in emerg (which is where you'll need to go) can make you feel anxious at the time of administration (which is IV). For me, when it's really bad or keeps coming back, it's worth it though to be rid of it. Good luck isolating the cause and getting some relief, :hugs:
Marie