PDA

View Full Version : WHAT'S THE WORST/BEST XMAS PRESSIE YOU RECEIVED?

Ma Larkin
13-12-06, 12:32
I thought I'd post this topic because I've had some classics in my time! I'm sure some of you can better them!!

There are really naff pressies, great pressies and pressies that you never forget. My "never forget" fave pressie was a watch my dad "got" me when I was about 10. He really bragged about it because normally my mum buys all my pressies and dad had gone out and "bought" this one especially for me. It was a gold watch, with a red LCD face (you had to press a button to light it up to see the time). The reason it is so memorable is because it was knocked off and dad got a caution for receiving stolen goods!! He bought it in a pub one Sunday afternoon!!

My most naff pressie had to be a double-sided jigsaw of Big Ben. Still haven't done the bloody thing yet (after about a 1000 goes)!

Les, xx

mazz
13-12-06, 13:20
Ok Best.....Diorvice Papers on xmas eve
Worst...De mist wipes for the car?
Hence Best pressie lol
Mazz x

Granny Primark
13-12-06, 13:30
Best was a ladro figure from my daughter.
Worst was an iron from my hubby. Perhaps he was trying tell me something. Maybe i should have sent him divorce papers.

Take care
LYNN xx

Ammeg
13-12-06, 13:50
hmmmm ok....
best.... my skater girl doll of me folks wen i was 7.... lol... she was cool she actually skated!!! lol
Worst.... last yr my nan gave me a jungle clock... it had an elephant and a tiger around a gold clock.. it would have been good for a little kids nursery!! lol
Gx

Sue K with 5
13-12-06, 14:24
lol

Well best has got to be a diamond ring !!! worst was this disgusting kitted jumper i was given by my mums friend when i was 10 if you had seen it they made me wear and I am sure that started my damn anxiety, hence why my kids will never ever wear a knitted jumper not even if it is nice.

Lol lynn if i were you I would buy H the ironing board and tell him its a learning gift! He learns to do his own damn ironing

Sue
xxx

scknight

yorkylover
13-12-06, 14:28
Best pressie was a doll called katy copy cat,when I was about 10.She could write,and my first bike.My worst I think was my nan used to buy me a woolly hat & scarf every christmas without fail.I never wore hats!!!!!!!Bless her she has passed away now.:(
But my best best best pressie was a yorkshire terrier puppy my parents and partner bought me for my 18th birthday.just before christmas.[:P]:)[:P]

Ellen XX

Ma Larkin
13-12-06, 14:32
I had Katy Copy Cat! She had red pants and a stripey jumper on. I also had a doll called Tippy Tumble because she used to roll over, and another of my fave dolls was Penny Puppy Walker, do you remember her with the little puppy! Aw bless. I see space hoppers are coming back in!! Can't wait to get my hands on one of those lol!!

Les

samc100
13-12-06, 20:56
Best - a digital radio 2 yrs ago. I now have 2. One upstairs and one downstairs. I am radio addicted especially in the early hours of the morning when the can't sleep monster has hold of me. Also the teddy bear my dad bought me but I was only 2 at the time.

Worst - a padded clothes hanger?????

Melxxx
13-12-06, 21:13
The best present has to be some jimmy choo shoes ok they were off ebay but I nearly cried when my sister gave them to me. I was running around house like Carrie from sex in the city did in hers.

Worst a cardboard filing Cabernet yuk

Mel xx

The kindness we extend to others in their their hour of need will return to us at the time we most need it.

strawberrie
14-12-06, 10:49
my best pressie was my sindy house (the lovely town house, which now cost an absolute fortune on ebay and i soooooo wish i had kept) [Sigh...].

I dont remember any really bad ones, but i do get some weird presents (cant think why [:I]), which tbh i dont really mind getting. My sister in law gave me a pack of loo seat covers cos she thinks its just wrong that i wont sit on public toilet seats! I thought that was quite thoughtful of her really!

My husband is very romantic [No], and im guaranteed to always get a shower curtain from him every year. One year he was feeling particularly romantic and got me a pack of knives too!!! [Wow!]

Lynn, i dont think you did too badly getting an iron for xmas. I know someone who bought his wife an iron for VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!!!![:O]
mag

LickeyEndBlues
14-12-06, 13:09
Best pressie was a guitar...still cant play the bugger though!! Shani will also buy me CD's but she really researches them and so far no duds and they all become special.

Worst....Aftershave despite having had a beard for years at the time, dodgy hand knitted brown jumper with a really abstract design on the front and a few more!!

I find the non personal that, mostly guys, buy quite amusing!! A bloke I worked with was quite proud of the fact that he had bought his wife a fridge for her birthday!!!!!

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Ma Larkin
14-12-06, 13:35
My Dad can beat that Iain, he bought my mum a shed and a greenhouse for her birthday!

Les, xx

strawberrie
14-12-06, 15:01
lol ma, a shed AND a greenhouse! Well, thats 2 big presents so that sounds good to me. Reminds me of the Royle family when Anthony's in-laws come round and Barb gets jealous cos the mum not only got a Dyson, she got a new pair of boobs too!

:D:D:D

mag

Ma Larkin
14-12-06, 16:00
haha! I remember that one!

I loved my Stylophone - does anyone remember them, Rolf Harris brought the craze out. I had mine for years, used to drive mum and dad mad with it!!

sandlin
14-12-06, 17:41
My husband has to be the worlds most practical present buyer. Over the years i've had a toaster, lam and matching shade for bedroom and some dire hedgehog slippers, no wonder i git him to pay for my trip this year LMAO.

Linda xxx

sandie
14-12-06, 17:48
Hi Guys

I once made a big mistake and in a general conversation a couple of months before christmas mentioned to my husband that we needed new saucepans.

Guess what I opened on christmas morning .......................

Sandie

batchtj
14-12-06, 23:01
Best pressie, Tickets to meet Donny Osmond from my hubby.... worst set of coat hangers from his sister!

eeyorelover
15-12-06, 05:13
Best present has got to be my brother (actually born on the 18th but close enough). Worst present - my mother bought me size 13 undies (actually the worst part of that is that she thought my a@@ was that big - lol)
xxx
Sandy

Ma Larkin
15-12-06, 11:21
Nice one Sandy! It's amazine how your nearest and dearest always get your size wrong. I got a (amazingly fow) lycra sparkly jumper with matching skirt, with split up to the crotch (actually it wasn't when I first got it, but it was by the end of the night lol!) I couldn't move in the jumper, it would have fit a baby, let alone me, and I was bright red because it really itched, but had to wear it to show my appreciation (not!!)