PDA

View Full Version : Back on citalopram

MasterMarK
13-06-14, 13:03
Hi my names mark ive suffered with panic attacks for about 16 years now on and off. I started to take citalopram 20mg but over the years i thought to myself i need to stop taking tablets. Last year i decided to try CBT is was really good it help me think about things differently :). Anyway feeling better and using the tools from cbt i thought i would stop the pills. 8 Months after i feel like hell again. It started with me waking up in a puddle of sweat i thought nothing of it a first, since we have been having warm weather. Two weeks now im being woken up at 1am ,2am 3am with these sweat attacks i cannot keep cool at all. Ive started back on the citalopram 20mg only been on them 2 days but DAM my head hurts and very dizzy , i know its a normal thing. Do you guys think its the panics that are making me sweat and over heat or shall i have it checked out.

Cú Chulainn
13-06-14, 17:29
One hundred percent the Citalopram causing the night sweats.
No need to worry at all. Very very common

MasterMarK
14-06-14, 01:28
Only been bk on them 2 days I've had these night sweats for the past 2 weeks ??

jillyb
14-06-14, 07:41
It could be anxiety. I'm on cit now and I do have night sweats but equally I have panic attacks in my sleep and my therapist said that's very common with anxiety. Horrid though! X

dafni
14-06-14, 17:45
I got sweats from increasing the dose. Nightmares and many other effects.