PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

koala
13-06-14, 16:21
Hi,

I have looked at this site a few times in the past but thought I would take the plunge and sign up to my first forum as I would like to chat with like-minded people about my experiences of anxiety.

I am 23 and have had anxiety since I was 11, although i didn't get diagnosed until i was 16. Since then I have had 2 lots of counselling (with varying degrees of sucess), CBT and periods of my life where anxiety seemed non-existant. However I relapsed in 2012 after leaving full time education and have really struggled since. My anxiety is a mix of social phobia, agrophobia and emetophobia with panic attacks, stress and occasional low moods thrown in there as well.

Over the last year I thought i was making good, steady progress with the help of my GP and self help books however I have recently hit a brick wall again. I currently feel unsupported by those around me and it has left me feeling angry, frustrated and tearful. This is why I have signed up as I would like to share my journey with others who understand what i am going through and celebrate my successes (and other people's successes) with other's who appreciate how difficult day to day life can sometimes be.

Sorry for blabbing on.

SammiJay
13-06-14, 16:43
Hi! Welcome to the site. I just joined today too (my post is a couple of threads down) I am in a very similar situation and it sounds like we have very similar experiences. Especially with the emetophobia. Hang in there. Things will get better for all of us :)

aprilmoon
13-06-14, 17:12
Welcome to you both!