PDA

View Full Version : Im scared

debbiedance
13-12-06, 13:09
hi to all of you i have been suffering with panic attacks now for about 4yrs. i have had councelling and i have just weaned myself off the tablets and i thought i was doing ok. but my hubby has booked us in for a works do which will have a disco and a 7 course meal i cant stop crying and worrying bout it. im scared incase start having the pains cause i think i am having a heart attack or i cant breathe please help im scared

Ma Larkin
13-12-06, 13:17
Poor you Debbie, just remember the pains will not harm you; they are just annoying and inconvenient.

It sounds like a really great night out hun, and you shouldn't be worrying yourself, you should be pampering yourself and looking forward to it. Why not take some Rescue Remedy with you to take the edge off your anxiety, even visit your GP and explain how you are feeling. I'm sure there could be something temporary, which he could give you to alleviate this fear, and so you can really enjoy the night instead of worrying so much.

Have a good look around this site and you will find some really helpful information and reading other people's stories really does help.

Take care and have a fab night!

Les, xx

yorkylover
13-12-06, 13:20
Hi debbie,sorry you feel so bad at the moment.Does your hubby understand how you are feeling.You will get lots of support here.;)

Ellen XX

mooks
13-12-06, 13:29
hi debbie
Welcome...please dont worry (yeah like thats easy)
we all know its our minds that are caising this illness..
Try thinking what I do...'well if i do get pains im going to sit it out and their not going to kill me'
youll find that by facing it..it will get easier
xx

debbiedance
13-12-06, 13:34
thank u for replying 2 me u are all so friendly i think i will try some rescue remedy i just hope i get through it ok i just dont want this 2 spoil it for my family but this is the first time i have been anywhere like this for 4yrs i think my hubby didnt think it would have affected me like this since coming off my tablets i think he thought i was 100% better but i am not most of the time i put on a false face but nobody knows what i feel like inside but this can really drain me

manmoor
13-12-06, 14:18
Hi Debbie

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

ConfusedByLife
13-12-06, 14:33
Hi Debbie

Poor you, i can understand how you feel as I go through the same (social anxiety). My pearls of wisdom, lol - Speak to your husband if he doesn't know and explain how you feel. Also, a good thing to do is maybe go out with ur husband for a meal before hand so the situation won't seem completely terrifying at the time and tohelp build up your confidence. The doctor maybe able to prescribe you something to get you through it if you "have" to go, but avoid meds if you can. Above all don'rt beat yourself up about it. Anxiety is a pain in the ass at the best of times, but avoiding these situations wilkl only make it harder in the future. You can do it if you have support and prepare yourself. Some relaxation tapes and taking time out of the day to relax may help you also. Good luck! I have my own xmas work do to go to as well and im bricking it, lol

trac67
13-12-06, 15:40
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

tommythomson
13-12-06, 16:55
Hi Debbie

I can understand where you're coming from! I had a wedding reception to go to and got so wound up about the ifs, buts and maybes I caused myself a PA.

I called Stresswatch, good counsellors, and the lady I got brought everything into perspective. I asked her just after the PA what I should do about the party that evening. Her reply....." ENJOY YOURSELF!! "

I didn't drink because of meds and I survived. I even enjoyed myself.

I'm sure you will too!!!!!

You can always excuse yourself from the table and i'm sure your family will understand.

Remember your breathing and have a good time.

Take care

T

clickaway
13-12-06, 18:00
Hi Debbie,

Welcome to the forum. I know how stressful it is when such an event is looming. Often as not, the actual event is not as bad as you imagine.

Try and relax as much as you can.

Hugs,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

LickeyEndBlues
14-12-06, 09:19
Hi Debbie,
I can really relate to what you say. I have often been in situations where I have ended up pulling out of events becuase of my fears. As has been said already though, the fears are manifest by ourselves and bear little resemblance to the real world.

It sounds like your event is a first for a while, that in itself will put pressure on you but try to break it down into little steps. Talking with your partner being one, then look at the preparation to the do, getting ready, going out, arriving etc As you go through those you will feel more confident in yourself and probably forget what the last few steps were.............this worked for me with a big Summer Ball event. I really wanted to pull out but in the end had a great time...and a bad head later!!

Take care Debbie

Let us know how you get on.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

sandlin
14-12-06, 10:45
Go for it debbie- the nights we dread usually end up being the best ones

Linda xx

debbiedance
14-12-06, 11:27
thank u for all your advice i will take on board everything each one of you have said and i wiill let you know how the night went on thank u;)

Nicola Cook
14-12-06, 14:45
Really good luck Debbie - just try to think about how good you'll feel having been out for the night and got through it.

I had to do 2 three hour exams last month and I dreaded them, I felt panick, of course, but got there and felt great afterwards - just keep telling yourself you can do it - because you really, really can !!

Good Luck
Nicola