PDA

View Full Version : It's the small things

fduop
13-06-14, 18:15
I've mentioned over the last few weeks how stress and anxiety have crept back in into my life. I guess I've gotten so tried of being stressed, that even small amounts of it bother me.
But I've got to tell myself is life is stressful, you can never not avoid it. And, now that I've learned to get over the big stuff, it's time to learn to deal with the little stuff.
To seek out living in the moment and to not let the past or the future rule my mind. Plus I need to be thankful for the little things, those little victories we win everyday. So when you've gotten a hold on the big things, don't forget the little things.

Cheesemonster13
19-06-14, 14:08
Yes, even the little, silly things bother me too. That's why I started to simplify my life so that I would have less things to worry about/deal with. My "to do" list had got ridiculously long, and it was so daunting that I gave up trying to do anything.

As you say, living in the moment, rather than worrying about the future or regretting the past, is the way to go. It's surprisingly hard to do though, when you are not used to living that way.

Small things that I'm thankful for or enjoy include my first cup of coffee in the morning, a new book to read, getting up at the crack of dawn when no-one else is about, making something that turns out well, and a long walk in beautiful countryside.

fduop
22-06-14, 02:01
Thought I'd log in again to mention no matter how good you may feel at the moment. If you don't stay on top of how your doing, like taking your med's or going to therapy. You can end up sliding back to where you started.

The important thing though is if that does happen, it's okay, we are all human and are prone to mess up. Right now the med's and therapy are working well for me. But stressful situations do stir the anxiety, which I want to bring up to my Dr when I see him at the end of the month.

While some anxiety has kept me up a few nights lately. Compared to where I was, I'm in great shape. Each of us is a work in progress, never give up on yourself. You are worth it.