PDA

View Full Version : Feeling dizzy & miserable

Agadch
13-06-14, 18:29
I've been suffering with my head for the past couple of months and panic quite a lot over it. I've been to my doctor and he sort of dismissed it. He did however send me for blood tests because I'm always feeling very tired. I went for those blood tests today so I had been fasting since yesterday. After I got the blood test done I went out with my mother for a few hours and didn't get a chance to eat until the afternoon. I was feeling very weak and tired even after I ate. When I got home I applied tiger balm to my head for the first time because I read it can be good for headaches. I then had a 3 hour nap and woke up feeling a bit better. However a few minutes ago I got up from the couch to walk into the kitchen and felt extremely dizzy and my vision went nearly completely black. I thought I was going to pass out but didn't. After that I tried to eat my dinner but couldn't because I feel sick, weak, dizzy and have a headache. I'm panicking really bad because I'm worried there's something really wrong with my head and I'm so worried. Someone please help!!

sammyb
13-06-14, 23:58
Sorry to hear you feel crappy. I have had all of your symptoms exactly. Dizzy sucks so so so bad and can cause so much anxiety believe me I get dizzy sometimes and have terrible anxiety because of it. As of late I have been feeling tired and just awful all together and this makes me very anxious but ive been to the doc and he says all sinus and allergy related. Ive had blood tests etc etc in the past due to dizzy tired crappy feeling and was told im fine. Id say its a good chance you have some sort of sinus allergy problem. I know exactly how you feel when it comes to almost passing out when you feel like that too. Glad you went to the doc to get checked out but chances are youll be fine. Im sending you a prayer across the ocean for you because I know how desperate your anxiety can be and I really hope you are able to overcome it somehow today. Good luck. Im feeling about the same as you are right now.

Agadch
14-06-14, 00:07
Thank you so much for replying. I always feel much better after reassurance from others on here that I'm not the only one feeling the way I do. Do you feel pain around your sinuses? I've been wondering for a while if it's been my sinuses but I haven't actually been feeling any pain around that area so I'm never sure if that's what it is.. I just feel like my doctor has no idea what's wrong with me and he's just as confused with my symptoms as I am so I never know what to think.

lior
14-06-14, 01:01
I have this too.When I was a teenager in particular, I would have dizzy spells - the room would spin, I would have to lie down for 20 mins. Then often I would want to drink lots of water, even if I wasn't thirsty before. So dehydration might have been a problem.

Nowadays I still get dizzy spells occasionally, even if I drink a lot of water - maybe I'm just more sensitive that most people.

I also have sensitive sinuses and multiple allergies. My hay fever symptoms even include lethargy! I don't think there's anything wrong with my head - more like, there is something wrong with my immune system, and it's probably stress related.

Agadch
14-06-14, 01:07
Thanks for the reply. I'm 17 so I can kind of relate to your dizziness being more prominent as a teenager. I felt slightly better after my mam made me drink lots of water and my sister got me some Lucozade. So I think it was dehydration. I ended up having a massive panic attack though but I actually feel better after it for some reason.

sammyb
14-06-14, 01:19
Sometimes I have pain in sunus area but sometimes notging at all .. I feel just like u do sometimes and this has been going on for almost 10 yrs now and im still here... try to stay calm and just enjoy yourself no matter what. I know its hard but keep trying. Thats what I try to do. Hope you feel better! !!

Agadch
14-06-14, 01:48
I've only had it about 2 months and I'm sick of it I can only imagine how awful it is putting up with it for 10 years! Thanks again for the reply and the reassurance it's greatly appreciated! :)

sammyb
14-06-14, 02:49
Its not something that happens all the time now. Maybe a week at a time a few times a year now. But the first time it happened it lasted 6 months before it went away. Not so bad anymore on the dizziness. But it is one of the reasons I have alot of anxiety to this day. I think it was the start of my viscous cycle. Just try to be positive and try to stay out of the big worry loop. Hard I know. Itll get better ... you are doing the right things and talking it out here helps for sure.

Agadch
14-06-14, 14:05
I wish it would go away but you've made me feel more positive about it so thank you:)