PDA

View Full Version : Cat Bite

ballerina
13-06-14, 18:52
My health anxiety has been at bay recently but my cat bit me before and it's come back. :(
Worried It'll be infected and I'll lose my leg or something :(

nomorepanic
13-06-14, 19:02
It is extremely unlikely you can lose a leg from a cat bite to be honest.

Just clean the bite

ballerina
13-06-14, 19:07
I know :/ I'm just being really irrational, read a daily mail article about how dangerous cat bites are and now I'm scared!

Agadch
13-06-14, 19:38
If your feeling really worried just go to a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist what they think:)

KeeKee
13-06-14, 20:35
I have 3 cats and whilst I have never been bitten, the amount of times I've been clawed is unreal. You'll be fine, it will probably get itchy, that's normal.

ray52
18-06-14, 18:55
Hi I have two cats and have been bitten by one of them (my fault for winding him up ). A cat or dog will clean their wounds by licking and cleaning them and I have had no ill affects from a bit.
Try not to worry to much im sure your be ok :)

Rennie1989
18-06-14, 20:35
Myself and friends have been bitten by cats and have been absolutely fine. As a kid I used to let my cats lick my fingers and like hell did I wash my hands afterwards. The worst thing I've received from a cat is a scratch that left a scar, even then it's barely noticeable.

Nowt to worry about :)

Fishmanpa
18-06-14, 20:42
My boy wakes me up sometimes by placing his paw in my mouth if it's open ~lol~ He could have been in his litter box just prior... No worries :)

Positive thoughts