PDA

View Full Version : bit of advice needed

mattuk
13-06-14, 20:20
hi all ive been suffering with anxiety/health anxiety with recently a fair amout of panic attacks,

today ive had probably my worst day , over the last 9 months ive had my own business that i can work around my good/bad days whilst still providing for my family, i have a workshop which is 10 mins from my house,

every time i drive there i over think everything until i get there then after 10-20 mins im ok, i suppose once i distract my self.

anyway today ive had a massive wobbler i suppose of a panic attack, when i finally thought id calmed down enough i left the house an started making my way , same route i take every day , however the further i got from home the more i felt my panic attack coming back, i literally got a fith of the way there and my stomach was in knots and a huge sensation of fear came over me as i turned round and drove home at speed/in a panic, i could feel my self getting less anxious

once home its died down quite fast, but thinking back when ive had bad days i always feel happier to get home, usually the quicker the better

is this whats described as agoraphobia or along those lines

im a 29yr male, not that i guess it makes any difference

thank you

matt

tuesdayschild44
13-06-14, 20:36
Yeah I would think it is agoraphobia,, but it isn't where you can't leave your house, you can, you have. And you will. I know how it can be. I had panic attacks everyday going to work taking my daughter to school, at the grocery store. I think the trick is to keep doing what you always have done. Do it through the panic, just hang on and ride it out. Eventually you will be doing it without panicking. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this. It is hard, but you can do it. You can. Just don't give up. I hope this helps you out, take care

mattuk
13-06-14, 20:41
thank you