PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop worrying!

Munchlet
14-06-14, 09:19
So I got asked by the doctor to have some blood tests done to check my hormone levels and thyroid due to irregular periods.

Well stupidly I haven't done them which I'm really cross at myself for because all I've done since I was given the form is worr about everything from kidney/liver problems to leukemia, lymphoma etc.

I keep thinking these vague symptoms I've been having like feeling hot all the time, feeling a bit under the weather is due to something like leukemia and as a result I've been too scared to get the blood test done.

On top of that I had a problem quite a few months back where I'd get a sore spot under one arm which always coincided with me shaving. So I stopped using razors and haven't had it for ages except this month I had it again right before my period. I can't feel anything, it just feels sore like it would if you had a spot coming, but I'm now worrying about breast cancer because I'm thinking that's a lymph node.

I am just flitting from one thing to another, I'm going to go and see the doctor and say what I'm worried about and also apologise for not getting the blood tests done etc as I do feel really annoyed with myself a for not doing it and b because I feel like I'm wasting the doctors time:weep:

I just wondered when they talk about lymph nodes associated with breast cancer would you be able to feel it? I've googled (Stupid I know) and some women have said they get sore lymph nodes before their periods and it's to do with hormones and breast tissue etc. I do recall that I had that a few times when I was a lot younger and mentioned to the doctor that I always got the sensation of a swollen lymph node under one arm before my period but it disappeared really quickly and he wasn't concerned said it's due to water retention and hormones etc. At the time I was more than happy as I didn't have HA, now I keep thinking it's Breast Cancer.

Thing is would it disappear, I keep trying to tell myself that if it was a breast cancer thing I'd be able to feel a lump and it would feel like it all the time?

So sorry for the never ending post, just feel that on this board I can say exactly what I'm thinking without people thinking I'm completely mad and getting annoyed with me.

Munchlet
15-06-14, 09:49
Thanks for the reply Joe, you are right it is amazing the power of the mind!

Last month I was worrying about ovarian cancer/bladder cancer, had an US which was perfectly normal so now I've moved onto Lymphoma, Leukemia and Breast Cancer, I just wish I could be normal, go get the tests done, not worry until the doctors says I should worry etc etc.

Sorry to hear you are going through the mill too, at least on this board we can vent and people can relate to what you are experiencing.