PDA

View Full Version : Lip numbness/tingling?

Anonybrit
14-06-14, 10:17
About 2 weeks ago I developed muscle twitches all over my body which I know now was a symptom of being chronically stressed/anxious over the past few months.

I did a lot of work on my stress levels and they have started to come back down and the twitches are much improved already.

I have, however, been experiencing very very mild but definite numbness/tingling in my lips. I thought at first it was the start of a coldsore as it was in a small spot on one side on the upper lip, it then went away but today it is back across the lips.

It's very mild and mainly noticeable when I purse my lips; for some reason that makes it more obvious that they are slightly numb.

Anxiety, hypervigiliance or something physical?

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

I'm worried that when you combine this with my twitches that it sounds like MS :(

It is not actually numb to the touch just a kind of semi-numb/pins and needles type sensation I feel when pursing or pressing them. It's actually both lips. It's numb at the angles where they purse. And mostly numb on the upper left.

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

On closer examination there are two very faintly red dimples on the part of the lip where I feel it mostly, I think elsewhere it's just hypervigiliance.

I guess this is most likely multiple coldsores? Is that common/likely?

Humly
14-06-14, 20:19
My lips tend to tingle if I am about to get a coldsore and I have definitely had more than one at once. Its also quite likely that its stress causing this, just like when you get a twitchy eyelid. I remember a few years ago I ate something - cant remember what it was - but my lips were tingly and numb for a few days. Sorry I havent got any other explanations but I'm sure its not a sign of anything sinister and is will probably just go away. Take care.