PDA

View Full Version : Floaters that don't float?

Serenity1990
14-06-14, 15:43
I've got two weird things in my vision in my left eye. The first is a tiny black speck towards the centre left of my visual field, and the other is a tiny little scratch to the centre right of the visual field. Both are only visible against bright backgrounds (the sky for example) and both are constant in their position.

I've had these for around two months now and I'm worried they might be something serious. I'm a bit MS fearer and I'm worried they might signify some issue with my optic nerve.

I do have occasional eye pain, but this is nearly always associated with ear pain and/or pressure at the bridge of my nose, which I know indicates sinus problems so it doesn't worry me so much.

Thanks for any responses. :yesyes:

eevee
14-06-14, 17:35
I do have floaters especially when I look at the sun, but they constantly move. However, I know that my mom's floaters don't. She told me the black specks were on the left side of her vision. Went to get it checked a couple of years ago and the doctor said everything's fine. He used his gadget thingy and even without my mom telling him which eye, he could tell it was her right eye. Something about protein build-up, I think.

:)

Serenity1990
14-06-14, 19:53
Thank you for the reply. I think it's something that warrants being checked out, to out my mind at rest if nothing else. Luckily I live near an eye hospital with a drop-in centre (a rare thing) so they might be able to look into it a little better than the optician or GP. My last optician appointment they said I was fine but that was before the appearance of these spots. :)

Humly
14-06-14, 21:21
Yes my other half has some black specks in his eyes and the doc said it was nothing to worry about x