PDA

View Full Version : this might be cheeky

Soph18
14-06-14, 21:21
hi there everyone,

I'm not sure if this is cheeky bug i am doing race for life tomorrow in memory of my step mom. I am anxious about doing it and scared i might have a panic attack but hey. I will still dk if.

I was wondering if any of you would life to visit my page https://www.justgiving.com/Sophie-Hallam/

many thanks
. .

Oosh
14-06-14, 22:18
Oh no, not much time before the race tomorrow. Hopefully people will notice it more if we keep talking about it. Still a chance to reach your target yet !

Soph18
14-06-14, 22:23
I'm sure i will! I will try my best to do everyone proud. I was going to post this before but didn't want to seem cheeky or anything xxx

Oosh
14-06-14, 22:52
Yeh fingers crossed. What time is the race tomorrow ?

Soph18
14-06-14, 23:00
the warm up for it starts at 10:30ish. Race starts at 11. Getting soo anxious xx

Oosh
15-06-14, 00:00
Oh it'll be easy. When you've done it you'll wanna carry on and run it again !
Just do a jog/walk, as long as you finish.

Soph18
15-06-14, 00:42
i will try my best too. I just don't want to let anyone down xxx

GingerFish
16-06-14, 14:55
I done Race for Life too yesterday. I done the 5k in Edinburgh. I suffer from panic attacks and agoraphobia and was a bit worried about being in a crowd as there were over 3000 people there but I done it and never panicked once. This has gave me a boost because I used to worry about going into town and supermarkets because of the crowds but there will never be as many people in town or Asda as there were at Race for Life! I done it with my mum and we walked the course in 1 hr 3 mins. I also travelled 80 miles to do it which was tough because being in the car for too long gives me panics too.

It was a great laugh and we're already signed up to the 5k Pretty Muddy Race for Life in Glasgow in Sept. We done it because it was on Fathers Day and we were celebrating the fact our dad/papa has been in remission from kidney cancer for the last 5 yrs so he's officially deemed as cured now :)

How did you get on? Did you do the Edinburgh one or was it down in England?

Soph18
16-06-14, 19:02
i done ok. I suffer with panic attacks too and i am slight aneamic. I done it in Redditch yesterday and i done it fir my step mom because she died Jan this year of a brain tumour. :(

i did have a mini panic and pain on the way around but we walked/ran it in 50-55 mins. Cant remember properly the accurate time. I did try so so much. Just not sure if i done her proud up there?

well done to you! I bet your proud aren't you? Xx

Rennie1989
16-06-14, 22:05
Anybody who participates in the Race for Life is a champion, you should be proud of yourself for doing it.

Soph18
16-06-14, 22:46
i am slightly proud yes. I did have a mini panic after event (no one noticed) and after (no one noticed). I then panicked when got lost on the way home. I thought someone was going to get me again. Blooming thoughts xx

Booboojenny
16-06-14, 22:54
Hi Soph well done, who did you do the race with? :hugs:

MRS STRESS ED
16-06-14, 23:46
Soph be very proud of yourself what an achivement xxxx :hugs:

Soph18
17-06-14, 11:40
thank you guys. I done the race with a team. I cried on the way home and got lost so yeah. I'm not really proud. Why would i be? All i done was run/walk xxx

Blagger Boy
17-06-14, 12:12
thank you guys. I done the race with a team. I cried on the way home and got lost so yeah. I'm not really proud. Why would i be? All i done was run/walk xxx

Because you faced your fears and accomplished something in the memory of loved ones.

That's something i could never do right now.

GingerFish
17-06-14, 14:24
You should be proud of yourself because you done something in memory of a loved one and helped raise money for cancer research.
You should also be proud of the fact you went and done the race in the first place. Folk like us with panic attacks often can't deal with crowds or being out in public so doing the walk is a big achievement.

It doesn't matter if you panicked through the walk or cried afterwards, the main thing is you stuck to it and you carried on right til the end. That can be very hard to do but you done it!

Soph18
19-06-14, 10:22
aaawww thank you both that means so so much. Especially right now. I guess i will have to be more proud now wont i? ;)