PDA

View Full Version : rat urine

RVP
14-06-14, 22:32
A few months back I read some guy drank from a canned drink and there was rat urine on the can and he later died.

Now every time I drink from a can I always think there's rats urine on it and that I've touched or drank it

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

I have now in the space of 15 mins convinced myself I have the disease rat urine may have..liprosises or something. . Fml

UKmamainUS
14-06-14, 22:33
It's highly unlikely that all sans have rat urine on. But you could always stop drinking canned drinks. Water is better for you anyway.

RVP
14-06-14, 23:18
Since I had the drink like an hour ago I feel tired and lethargic :( and ill

venusbluejeans
14-06-14, 23:32
If you are worried then wash the can before you drink or use a glass.

but no you are not going to get poisoned from it.

RVP
14-06-14, 23:40
But I've drank from it now lol

Fishmanpa
14-06-14, 23:45
RVP,

I've read some "interesting" fears on these boards but rat wee wee in a can? Well.... at least it wasn't about rat poo in a can.... ;)

Positive thoughts

RVP
15-06-14, 00:04
Noo not inside the can but rats urinating onto the can :( I dno it's just been one of those fears

venusbluejeans
15-06-14, 00:10
I meant in future...

it is very very very very very very very unlikely that drinking from a can will make you ill...... think about how many cans of drinks are drank in the UK each day.... and you have heard of one case?? you have nothing to worry about

nomorepanic
15-06-14, 00:12
How on earth did you find that story.

Think logically - how many cases have you really heard of?

It is not going to happen to you

Fishmanpa
15-06-14, 05:52
You stand a better chance of cutting yourself on the pull tab to be honest...

Positive thoughts

Munchlet
15-06-14, 09:42
Please don't worry about this, I had a fear of this a while ago, the story was doing the rounds on the internet but the one I read was in fact an urban myth. In theory it is possible it could happen but the chances of it are pretty slim.

A couple of years ago I walked through some really deep puddles which I knew had been there for a while. I got home discovered some cuts on my heels and went into complete panic about rat urine in the puddles so I rang NHS Direct.

They said "are you having symptoms of Veils disease to which I said no and he said the chances of you catching it are virtually nil, in the unlikely event you start experiencing flu like symptoms over the next few weeks see your GP and they will decide if you need some antibiotics.

So even if (which you haven't) come into contact with Rat Urine and you were to become unwell it's just a course of antibiotics. It's only if it's left untreated it becomes a problem

The other thing is not everyone who comes into contact with Rat Urine will automatically develop it. Think of the amount of people who do water sports on a daily basis and probably come into contact with it regularly, you don't hear of them contracting it.

Please don't worry about it, you will be fine.

RVP
15-06-14, 20:40
Hi, thanks for your replies, I have calmed down a little now..
You mentioned that it is flu like symptoms, so what should I do if I do get a flu in the next few weeks? which is highly likely even though it's probably a normal flu?
It's so difficult and worrying :(

Munchlet
16-06-14, 16:22
Well if you are still worried in a few weeks and you have flu symptoms then by all means get it checked but if you are anything like me if a few weeks you'll probably be worrying about something else.

The joys of HA!!

MRS STRESS ED
16-06-14, 16:47
All that worrying about drinking out of a can will make you more ill ,I mean whats the chances Really xx:huh: