PDA

View Full Version : Hello! New member here

Meglen
15-06-14, 02:59
I stumbled across this website a year ago and finally decided to join!
I have been suffering from health anxiety and every other form of anxiety for the past 5 years. My biggest struggle is that I was always a healthy person, no fears and the life of the party. All of that changed 5 years ago when I had my first "episode". Not knowing what a panic attack was, I thought something serious was wrong. Off to the hospital I went, and they told me I was low on vitamin K. A week later, another episode..back to the hospital and doctor said I was suffering from migraines. These diagnoses just didn't seem right so I followed up with a neurologist. After many tests (mri, cat,blood work, nerve tests) I was then told I had anxiety and they put me on lexapro. I remained on lexapro for about 2 years, gained 30+ pounds and decided I was well enough and fat enough to come off. I have been off of lexapro for 2 years now, for the most part I was doing well. Occasionally I take a xanax to get me through a panic attack. All of this ended about a month ago.
I got a rash on the upper portion of my chest, went to the dermatologist and they said it was probably from my necklace. Stopped wearing it, changed my soap, change laundry soap and I use 50 SPF sunscreen. Rash is still there, and worse. I found a lump on the left side of my neck close to my collar bone. I also started to have a burning throat. I went to the doctor, he said I had an infection and prescribed an antibiotic, Avelox. I read the side effects and realized that I couldn't deal with the horrible effects of this med, so I decided to visit an ENT. The ENT said the complete opposite. He said I didn't have an infection, but I had GERD. He said the lump on my neck was just a swollen lymph node, not concerning and to take Prilosec. Here I am 4 weeks later, throat is still burning, rash is horrible, bump is still there (same size) and I have discovered a new bump at the base of my skull on right side. Of course, in my mind I have cancer and the doctors are missing something!! I don't know who to trust, what doctor to go back to and what to do. This is taking over my life, I am driving my husband crazy. Part of me knows that I need help yet the other part wants to keep going to doctors to get a diagnosis. I did start seeing a therapist last week, but in my mind how is therapy going to help my physical health problems? Can anxiety cause lymph node swelling, burning throat and a rash???
Oh, did I mention I am a smoker?? Horrible I know, tried to quit but with my anxiety at its worst right now I didn't make it longer than 1 day:(