PDA

View Full Version : I can't do this anymore.

googler192
15-06-14, 09:33
Someone please help me. I don't know where else to turn. My symptoms seem to be getting worse and now I can add night sweats to the list. I woke up in the middle of the night and I was really hot and my back was wet. I know this is a symptom of primary HIV infection and add that to the swollen glands and sore throat that I had and I am so so so frightened. I don't know what I'm going to do. I feel so alone because I can't tell anyone about this because no one believes me when I say how scared I am. I don't know where else to turn. I will not be able to cope if I get a positive test. Someone please help me.

Daisy Sue
16-06-14, 00:18
Hi googler.. I just read some of your previous posts to get an idea of what's happening with you... I noticed you did a logical versus illogical list in one post, and I thought it was brilliant. Maybe you should put these symptoms you're feeling now into a similar comparison ie: what's likely and what's not likely to be the cause...

Everything you've posted above can be explained by an infection, a simple virus or throat infection which we all get.. I'm just getting over a horrid sinus infection and I don't have an underlying illness to make me susceptible.

Your anxiety and fear are flying high right now, which could well be responsible for the sweats, as could an infection, and you're driving yourself crazy imagining scenarios with your parents, when in fact you have no proof whatsoever that you'll ever need to have that conversation with them.

I want to say "calm down" but I know it's not that easy - been there myself with acute anxiety and it takes a lot to get me calm again, especially when you have that 'what if' voicing itself in your head all the time, but you need to do something to help yourself. Maybe try some relaxation and deep breathing, and try to get an early appointment with your gp - tell them everything! Including your fears, your symptoms, and how it's been affecting you mentally and emotionally.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be ok :)