PDA

View Full Version : panic on bus after knocking my head

sparklypickle
15-06-14, 09:50
Hi all.
I have health anxiety.
When I take a coach to travel I usually have a panic attack due to feeling like I cannot breathe or from nausea.
Today I have to take a 2 hour coach journey home but as I went to take my seat, I knocked my head on the overhead luggage shelf.
My head doesn't hurt (just a momentary jolt at the time) but I'm freaking out now incase I have concussion and vomit or pass out or get super dizzy or something.
Can someone help??? I'm stuck on this bus for another hour and a half at least....

Fishmanpa
15-06-14, 09:59
It takes quite a blow to the head to have a concussion. Based on the lucidness of your post, it appears you're fine. If you get a bad headache, dizziness, vomiting etc., hours from now, get checked out.

Positive thoughts

sparklypickle
15-06-14, 10:06
Thanks for your reply
The only problem is that the panic makes me dizzy and nauseous in response to health fear....you are of course right, sadly logic rarely is my companion on these horrendous journeys. I'm trying to relax and just ride it out...I just keep thinking what if I need urgent care when I'm between cities...silly really.
I'm also not googling about head trauma ( ok I may have checked the NHS site but no scaremongering forums) and decided to come here instead.

hanshan
15-06-14, 11:38
Head trauma is not something to be taken lightly, but there are guidelines.

To have a Grade I concussion, you must have experienced some confusion immediately after the blow. This is the lowest level of concussion. It is likely to get better in time.

If you have had a blow, and half an hour later you are still concerned, but have felt no confusion, then you are much more likely to be suffering from health anxiety.

sparklypickle
15-06-14, 13:21
Thanks hanshan, there was no confusion, no headache or otherwise have developed and now I made it home and the panic has passed I feel ok.