PDA

View Full Version : Is this all concussion? Can anybody help, I don't know what to do.

Fazzz
15-06-14, 16:58
I had been on top of my anxiety ever since I started taking Citalopram about 3 months ago. I was feeling great, no anxiety, no depression and no panics. This all changed instantly in the space of a night.

I hit my head on the underside of a desk at college on the 6/6/14. I didn't think that I had hit it that hard at the time and felt fine for the rest of the day.

The next day I woke up feeling detached, like I had woke up on a different planet. I felt no emotion, things just felt "off". I was looking at things in my room just not able to connect with them. Kind of like I should feel normal but I don't. I felt distant and foggy. Along with this I had nausea, headaches, and just generally felt awful.

So I go to the hospital to get myself checked out, they check me over and do a bunch of neurological tests and come to the conclusion that it is a mild concussion.

Its now the 15th and I still feel the same way. The detachment/fogginess hasn't gone, not even for a second. Its been 9 days of hell. I still feel sick, I have no apatite, I feel like I cant think as well as I used to. I feel like a different person completely.

I can think back to how I felt before and how "In Touch" I was with everything and now I just feel trapped. I feel so ill it isn't even funny. Im constantly tired no matter how much I sleep and the fog in my head is killing me! Why can't I connect with things like I did, why does everything feel fake!

Is this the concussion? Is it anxiety? Did I do permanent damage to my brain? What the hell has happened to me?

If anyone else has had an experience like this with a head injury or without it please reply. I feel like I'm at the end of the line here.

MRS STRESS ED
15-06-14, 19:57
To be honest it sounds like your anxiety to me more than concussion,I might be that hitting your head has brought on your anxiety ,if your still the same tho maybe see your gp xx

aprilmoon
15-06-14, 20:33
I would go and have a chat with your gp.
He's really the only qualified one to put your mind at rest.
You might find the symptoms settle down once you've been reassured