PDA

View Full Version : Meditation

Lilharry
16-06-14, 00:45
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone practices meditation and if they listen to music or anything when they do it? What do you think is the best type of meditative music or sounds? Would love to hear what people think. Always looking for inspiration! :)

Daisy Sue
16-06-14, 00:53
Hi Lilharry... when I was doing meditation specifically for panic/anxiety, I had 3 tapes I used.. one was a recording done by my CBT guy, where he talked slowly & calmly, going through the usual calming down things, and also talking me through top to toe relaxation. The 2nd tape I did myself, with my own voice telling me similar things to his, but more personal to my own feelings and worries, and I added some very soothing music on for the last 15 minutes. The 3rd tape was one of those you can buy, just calming background music, which I used once I felt I didn't need the other two.

Nowadays, if I want to meditate, I put on Coldplay, quietly. That CD also got me through an MRI scan :)

MyNameIsTerry
05-08-14, 03:47
Hi Lilharry,

I have used ones without or with music. I found that without music, you need a really quiet environment to avoid distraction initially but you become more able to meditate without it later and without distraction...which is an aim for Mindfulness as you want to be able to do it anywhere.

Those with music were mostly with oriental sounds which I found quite pleasing.

I have used visualisation with countryside, beach, sea, etc which were also quite pleasant.