PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I cant move then jerking whilst in bed

Bexx1
16-06-14, 02:38
A rather horrible and scary thing keeps happening to me at the moment. when i am trying to get to sleep I suddenly feel like my legs and atrms are stuck and i cant move them. i then panic and jerk and get a strange feeling in my arms and legs and its like they are suddenly sticky. i then cant lay still without feeling panicky and like im not going to be able to move. i feel like i have to nkeep moving to test i can and my limbs still feel weird. im really scared by it.p has this happemned to anyone else and is it anxiety?p

akh92
16-06-14, 05:31
Thats completely normal. Im pretty sure it's called sleep paralysis.. and like your body will jerk. My boyfriend does it every night lol. Read this and see if it relates to you

http://dreamstudies.org/2010/04/29/9-ways-to-wake-up-from-sleep-paralysis/

---------- Post added at 04:31 ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 ----------

And yes, having anxiety about it may make it feel worse and make you more scared and/or aware of it.

Serenity1990
16-06-14, 05:55
I've had sleep paralysis a few times. The first time I had it I thought it was quite an exhilarating experience, I was amazed what my body could do when tired! Then since having anxiety I've worried about it and decided I was probably dying.:roflmao:

You're fine. :)

Bexx1
16-06-14, 09:06
Thank you I thought sleep paralysis only happened if you were asleep I didn't realise it could happen when you are going to sleep! I didn't have any nightmares or anything or see any figures or such so could it still be that? so It's day now and I still keep focusing on my limbs now to see if I can move them haha! Do you know what could have caused it and how to stop it?

Serenity1990
16-06-14, 12:11
It's only every happened to me whilst tired, overworked and stressed. I have a friend who gets it every time he drinks certain types of alcohol. Another friend gets it pretty much every night and always has done. We're all built different!

All I can say is there's no scary diseases that would cause it so stop worrying and self-testing now. The mind is such a powerful thing it'll start failing your own tests eventually!

KeeKee
16-06-14, 14:00
I too would suggeSt sleep paralysis, an absolutely terrifying thing to deal with but completely harmless. I used to get it all the time I dreaded bedtime but have only had it once this last year.

PALZIO9
02-12-18, 20:32
I use to experience that type of dream stuff in the past, i read more about my astrology sign ( im a pisces) and i learned im more prone to like being more intuitive than other signs ( i dont know which zodiac sign you are), but that was something that gave me like a bit more clarification