PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety? Lung cancer? Withdrawl? Please help.

SoLost
16-06-14, 02:53
Hello everyone. I'm new here and I really need some advice.

Right now I'm mentally lost and scared and I'm afraid so much is happening to me I don't even know where I should post this.

For the past 6 months I've been using cannabis heavily to self medicate social anxiety and depression, and it worked for me well up until about two weeks ago. I started noticing that I was having issues with my breathing, I thought at the time it was breathlessness but I figure now I was just intensely focussed on it. Shortly after I also began to notice I wasn't really eating as much, I couldn't finish my meals and I just wasn't eating as much as I used to.

After I looked at these two things together I started to fear I had lung cancer due to my smoking. Then I thought it was just anxiety as I realised the breathing was a simple mental fixation, and then I lost all my appetite all together. Since then it's been back and forth between fearing that I have a tumor in my lungs and thinking I'm going mentally crazy with anxiety.

I stopped using the cannabis after these symptoms got too much, and ever since then I've been a total mess. I haven't eaten in the last five days, besides a few small things I try to force down me but I end up retching and dry heaving and it's hard to swallow. I've lost a stone in a few weeks. My mouth feels dry now too, although this is a new thing.

The last three days have been a blur of anxiety and panic. I've had doctors appointments for both my fear the lung cancer and the anxiety. I've been given Diazepam but it doesn't help that much, I can't eat and I can't really sleep either. I've had two panic attacks where I become so scared and ended up calling for an emergency doctor. I even called the Samaritans because I felt so bad.

Sometimes I feel calmer and collected like now where I can make this post, but I still don't have any appetite and I'm too alert to sleep. I'm scared of what's happening to me, I know tomorrow I will wake up and have a panic attack again, and I can't eat. The anxiety is all consuming, people tell me it's withdrawl from the cannabis but these symptoms and appetite loss started before I ceased using it. I stopped using it *because* of the symptoms. I even tried to smoke some more to try and feel hungry and it didn't help at all.

I don't know what to do. I've never felt this way before, the lack of appetite keeps fueling fears I have lung cancer or something is seriously wrong with me and I'll die. It's even scarier when I don't feel anxious or on edge but the appetite doesn't return. I've experienced cannabis withdrawl before too, and It's much, MUCH milder than what I'm feeling now.

What do I do? I know tomorrow I will just have another panic attack and I'm scared I'll get sectioned or doctors will stop taking notice of me and I actually DO have an underlying condition or something.

butterfly00
18-06-14, 23:41
Please call a GP clinic and ask if they can help you directly or ask themto refer you to somewhere that can. Withdrawals is something that can be supported, it will be exacerbating your anxiety and it clearly not pleasant to go through on your own.
The appetite and breathing issues are very often anxiety related. I myself lost alot of weight when I had breathing issues I just felt I couldn't eat and was too uptight to so if I wanted to.
You are not a danger to your self so your not going to be sectioned or something dramatic, you seeking help for a situation that warrants it.
You need another tool rather than cannabis to cope with your anxiety.

I hope you feel calmer soon