PDA

View Full Version : Problems with hands?

Lyn89
16-06-14, 07:06
For the past few months my right hand has been feeling kind of weird:- like it's too light compared to the rest of my body. It still works fine and I haven't lost any control or strength in it, but the weird feeling still persists. I asked my therapist a while ago when I was still having cbt sessions and she thought it was a result of tensing my hand muscles all the time, but I'm not sure if I am. My concern is that there's either something wrong with it or that it's just anxiety and obsessing over it that's prolonging the feeling. I'm not sure if it's the hypervigilance again but I'm scared its going to spread and my whole body I'd going to feel weird like that :/ anyone have this or know what it is?

Oosh
16-06-14, 09:33
I think you're just focusing too much on a body part again.

Your hands are made up of bone, muscle, tendons. If you're feeling any sort of sensation in it it would almost certainly be as a result of the muscle/tendon use of that hand.

If it's feeling light maybe it's turning into a super hand. Let's hope it does spread and you feel as light as a feather all over. You may be able to fly everywhere like superman !

Maybe it's not a sign of a bad thing, maybe it's a sign of a good thing !
What good, funny thing could it be a sign of ?
Lighten your mood by shaking your thoughts up like this. It'll probably end up going away.

Lyn89
16-06-14, 10:04
Thanks Oosh :) I'm trying to rest it, but the more it feels weird the more I tense it I guess. I have breathing techniques to relax myself overall but anyone have any tips on how to rest a muscle or relax it?.

I'mdave27
16-06-14, 11:47
You'll go blind:D

Oosh
16-06-14, 17:08
Maybe give yourself a little hand massage.

http://m.wikihow.com/Give-Yourself-a-Hand-Massage

xrachykinsx
16-06-14, 17:35
It's most probably anxiety. I had no end of problems with physical symptoms with my hands,arms and feet. I would feel like my hand/arm was slightly numb and sometimes it would feel tingly or heavy. Now I'm not as anxious, I've not had a problem since. I was convinced I had ms at one point. Anxiety playing sick games!

Lyn89
16-06-14, 22:04
Thank you guys :) appreciate the feedback. And just what I needed Oosh! Trying that now

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:12 ----------

That hand massage works wonders of anyone else gets tense hands or arms! Thanks for the great find Oosh!