PDA

View Full Version : So fed up!

Fj2014
16-06-14, 08:55
So fed up!
Hey guys,
I'm sorry to keep posting questions all the time but feel like no one else quite understands what I'm going through!
I'm so miserable... I've spent 10 hours over two weeks in doctors, clinics and a&e trying to prove there's nothing wrong with me... The only problem I had was a uti which has gone now (two urine tests and 5 blood tests confirmed that!)
But I can't stop worrying despite the fact that three doctors have told me I'm fine.
I woke up this morning with an urgent rush to empty my bowels which has happened for the last couple days (admittedly when I take kalms to help me sleep) and I know it's a sign if ibs - my best friend's a dietician and has spoken to me about this but I'm still convinced it could be the big c.
In the back of my mind I know three doctors can't be wrong, well, there is a very slim chance!
I'm late to work again cause I can't bring myself to get ready and I've only been in the job six weeks (when all this anxiety started!)
My clothes are too big cause I've not felt like eating with my stomach knotted up.
It's such a vicious cycle ... Can anyone offer any tips or advice?

3tikes
16-06-14, 17:52
If I'm having an 'episode' I often feel the need to poo and will do about 4 times in a day, this is from someone who suffers with constipation. In my case I put it down to anxiety as it churns my stomach and my tummy will start making gurgling noises etc. Anxiety can speed up the metabolism which will result in this even if I've barely eaten.
I really wouldn't worry, it doesn't sound like anything sinister to me. Chin-up :hugs: