PDA

View Full Version : Twitching thigh

Nervousmommy
16-06-14, 13:18
Hi all, I am new to this forum but not at all new to health anxiety. For the past week, my left thigh has been twitching pretty much in every major muscle group. I am terrified it is ALS/MND. I really do not want to go to the neurologist about it because I was just there for something else, and ended up with an MRI, and I know that I am wasting resources. Also, I have a feeling I started fearing ALS because it does not show up on an MRI so clearly THAT is what I have. :weep:
My logical brain knows this is unlikely. I am only 34, for one thing. I have perceived weakness but as far as I can tell, no real weakness (can still do squats and lunges, etc). I do have some pain, especially along the tendons.

Can ALS start in the thigh? Has anyone else had this happen? Someone please talk me down. :(

RVP
16-06-14, 14:49
I'm not sure what ALS/MND is but twitching amongst anxiety sufferers is one of the most common symptoms.
I was sat in a restaurant on the weekend and I had such a bad twitch in my thigh, just above my groin that I had to hit it a few times for it to go away :P
I also get twitching in my chest, and used to get it in my eyelids.
Perhaps try eating 2 bananas a day for a few days and see if it goes? normally that can get rid of twitching if you have a slight lack in potassium, dried apricots are also good for potassium :)

Nervousmommy
16-06-14, 18:08
I'm usually totally not concerned about my twitchiness; I think it is just that it is localised this time to the one leg, even though it appears to involve a load of muscle groups.