PDA

View Full Version : Should i go for it?

koala
16-06-14, 14:26
I have been given the opportunity do an exercise instructor course which I am interested in doing. My problem is the course requires you to attend a 3 days workshop with strangers and then run several exercise sessions most likely with a stranger as well. I would like to do the course as i use to do a lot of exercise instructing and i would like to get back into it again but I don't know if I can cope with the workshops. What if i make a fool of myself infront of everyone and what if i can't cope with it all. What if i get to the end of day one and can't bring myself to attend the other 2 days. I have been given a rare opportunity and i am not sure if the opportunity will come around again but anxiety is stopping me from signing up and committing to the course. I worry that i am being overambitious and trying to do too much when i am not quite ready for it yet. Maybe i should be spending time trying to overcome all my anxieties rather than studying. I am also worried that I will struggle to find time to do the theory work for the course as my time management skills aren't the best (however if i was to sign up soon i would have ample time to do it as long as i didn't get distracted). Don't know what to do for the best? Do i go for it or do i play it safe and not do it? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Fishmanpa
16-06-14, 15:34
The things we regret most in life are the things we don't do for fear of "What If?"

Positive thoughts

jefferina
16-06-14, 15:55
I say do it.... Feel the fear and do it anyway ( great book by the way) I think by reading your message you do want to do this course it's just that awlful voice in your head telling you you can't.... Well that's all it is a voice in your head... If you've been given the opportunity I'm guessing your good at what you do... If you go really focus on what you are doing rather then how you are feeling.... I too hAve social anxiety so I really do understand that it's easier said then done... I've been trying things myself lately because if I always do what I've always done I will always get what I've always got... So if you decide it isn't a step too far then go for it and good luck. You CAN do it xx

aprilmoon
16-06-14, 16:02
Go for it.
You won't be the only one there who has doubt's and concerns about how they'll do.
Golden opportunitys don't come along that often,and they certainly don't wait at our convenience.
Good luck :)

fduop
16-06-14, 16:29
Aprilmoon

That's the attitude to take. If I had quite at everything in front of me, I would have never finished my degree program and win the victories I do have.

I'm I perfect and finish everything, NO. But I at least give most everything, as a friend of mine used to say, "The old college try." So go ahead and do our best, any attempt is better than none.

MRS STRESS ED
16-06-14, 17:28
Koala I would say do it take a chance and if you do something wrong so what any body else there could do exactly the same one life live it xx

UKmamainUS
16-06-14, 20:00
You would be a fool not to go for it :-)
Definitely sign up for it and good luck xxx

koala
17-06-14, 16:00
Thanks everyone :)

After reading all the comments I think it would be stupid of me not to listen to your great advice. Think I am going to go for it. Will let you all know how I get on.

Thanks again :yesyes:

ps thanks jefferina i think i will read that book

koala
06-11-14, 16:09
Hi Guys,

Just thought I would update you and let you know that not only did I sign up for the course but I attended all 3 practical days and LOVED it! One of the best decisions I have made all year. Thank you all for encouraging me to go for it.

It wasn't easy. I felt so ill the night before with anxiety that i was convinced I wouldn't be able to go but i did. It's given me a real confidence boost and i'm now thinking about signing up for more courses.

jonjones
08-11-14, 15:47
Hi Koala,

I urge you to write this and any other past achievements you have down in a diary, and remember them daily. This will help you build your confidence.

Can you see how much of a con anxiety and fear is!

Keep working on dealing with yourself and not the situation and remember past moments of success, where you had the symptoms of anxiety yet still went ahead and didnt let them defeat you!

Best,

Jon

anthrokid
09-11-14, 01:36
Fantastic to hear Koala! :) Keep saying yes and pushing through, sounds like this opportunity was fantastic for you.

koala
11-11-14, 21:59
Thanks guys :)

jefferina
12-11-14, 14:51
Wow just seen this that you actually went and did it and enjoyed it really brilliant news and inspiring too... You were really nervous and doubtful but you did it brilliant really pleased for you xx

jonjones
13-11-14, 08:40
I just wanna say again, well done!

Never trust in the voice of fear that you sometimes have!

Build your confidence and the fear won´t matter anymore!

Best,

Jon