PDA

View Full Version : how do u forget a bad internet article u read ?

mgritton34
17-06-14, 08:14
I was on Facebook the other week and a friend of mine posted an article about how women's heart attacks are different from men and instead of ignoring it I read it. Now I can't stop freaking out about the symptoms I have them all upper stomach discomfort , upper back pain , left arm pain and a feeling of a lump in my throat (that is mostly after eating). About two weeks ago I visited the doc with these symptoms in a right panic she said they didn't seem to be heart related but didn't say what they were. She listened to my chest and took my sats and said they were 98% as healthy as hers. About 2-3 years ago I had a 48 hour monitor on and a chat with cardiologist who found nothing wrong. Also just before xmas I had an ecg done in a&e for similar symptoms and they said it was muscular. This article also mentioned that they did a survey of two hundred woman who had heart attacks and six months before they had these symptoms and including feeling tired still on waking in a morning blurred vision and the docs didn't notice or passed as something else. So even if not having one now am frightened to death am heading for a heart attack. These symptoms do come and go not there all the time when am distracted with other worries they go for a week or two but always come back.

UKmamainUS
17-06-14, 15:27
Actually you don't want to forget that - it could save your life one day. However, you have been checked and they found no problem with your heart. What you are currently falling with is likely anxiety induced.

Serenity1990
17-06-14, 16:09
You can't forget or hide from accurate information. Rather you need to learn to process it more rationally. :)

mgritton34
17-06-14, 17:13
Thx for the replies I get what ur saying but just dont know how to stop just sitting here terrified of when or if its gonna happen to me. If its not my heart its some other nasty illiness I think I have or am gonna get. I have had 3 visits to an anxiety and stress management cousellor who the doc referred me to. After filling in some anxiety diaries for her she now thinks I need to see a cbt therapist because her tips alone wont get my anxiety down to a managable level. There is a 4 month waiting list she says she will continue to see me in the meantime. I feel like I have no life the anxiety and depression has totally taken over.